Register to reply

OBEs/Astral Projections

by garytse86
Tags: obes or astral, projections
Share this thread:
Dayle Record
Nov27-05, 10:26 PM
P: 464
The last post is interesting. That could be close to the truth with me, since people who gravitate to mental preoccupations, might in fact do so because of physical disassociation, due to faulty neurochemistry. I have never been diagnosed with any sort of disorder, and I have been checked. However, five years after the meditation and "astral travel" experience, I did have a tbi. The effect of the tbi was to diminish all of these experiences.

In this thread I see that if anyone states they have any sort of anomalous experience, there will be an explanation, that the experiencer is having delusions.

Be warned, this thread is not about existential physics.
zoobyshoe
Nov30-05, 07:13 PM
P: 5,625
Quote Quote by Dayle Record
In this thread I see that if anyone states they have any sort of anomalous experience, there will be an explanation, that the experiencer is having delusions.
I'm confused by this statement. Could you rephrase what you mean??
Be warned, this thread is not about existential physics.
I'm especially confused about this. What is this "warning" about? What does the term "existential physics" mean?
Dayle Record
Dec1-05, 06:12 PM
I re-read the thread title, and I realize I don't have any scientific evidence for either OBE's or Astral Projection. So, my comments are irrelevant to this thread.

I coined the phrase existential physics to describe the attempt at personal, organic interface with the energies at large in the universe. These can be in my mind, or in a larger, possibly multi-dimensional field. Since this is very private research, and I am not funded by anyone, the answers I come up with are piffle, and derived existentially, experientally, and that is all there is to it. Tantric masters I talked with regarding Astral Projection and dreaming, stated that they were potentially dangerous, and a waste of time.
Ki Man
Dec1-05, 06:13 PM
P: 555
Well i haven't had a seccussful OBE yet but i've only tried once and it wasn't a very good try. BUT since that attempt i have been having more dreams, and they are a tiny bit more detailed than usual dreams. and i dont always dream, each week i only have 2 or 3 dreams, but since that attempt i've had a dream every night. i cant seem to tell whether its an active dream or normal dream, i am pretty awa re of everything, but i am not in control.
Dayle Record
Dec4-05, 12:17 PM
http://neardeath.home.comcast.net/nde/001_pages/68.html

Here is an article that regards research into OBE's, and accidentally induced OBE's due to electrical stimulation of the right side of the brain. I think the organ was called the angular gyrus. I hope the link works.

Register to reply