alternative theories about the origin of the universe...

by Philippe
Tags: alternative, origin, theories, universe
Chronos
Apr28-06, 12:48 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 9,183
Tze, perhaps your theory was riddled with flaws . . my best guess.
SpaceTiger
Apr28-06, 01:23 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,977
Quote Quote by Tzemach
The establishment have always been notoriously slow to accept new theories, even when they provide answers to previously unsolvable puzzles.
Would it surprise you to learn that there are many, many such theories for each of the major unsolved problems in cosmology? How do you suppose we end up choosing between these theories (in the long run)? What do you think makes a theory more or less plausible?
Tzemach
Apr29-06, 08:32 AM
P: 80
I don't think my theory was "riddled with Flaws" as you put it, I think it was more a case of not chasing the grants. Most of the work has to be done in order to put forward a good presentation, so I thought I might as well just do it.
I have gained some reputable support and will be publishing a book and releasing some papers shortly. I had hoped to be ready within a week or two but my publisher emailed me and said it could be another 4 weeks.
Nereid
Apr29-06, 04:03 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,005
Quote Quote by Tzemach
I don't think my theory was "riddled with Flaws" as you put it, I think it was more a case of not chasing the grants. Most of the work has to be done in order to put forward a good presentation, so I thought I might as well just do it.
I have gained some reputable support and will be publishing a book and releasing some papers shortly. I had hoped to be ready within a week or two but my publisher emailed me and said it could be another 4 weeks.
Has your theory been published in a peer-reviewed journal (say, ApJ)? If so, would you be so kind as to provide a reference?

If not, have you submitted a paper containing your theory, as a preprint, to ArXiV?
Tzemach
Apr30-06, 07:11 AM
Not yet peer reviewed and as this will be my first post to ArXiV I need a sponsor to confirm that it is not just nonsense. I have asked someone to have a look at it and recommend it to ArXiV. Hopefully it will all come together in the next 3-4 weeks and I can get everything happening at once.
Chronos
May1-06, 01:14 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 9,183
Best of luck, Tze. I suspect you will have a difficult time finding a sponsor.
Tzemach
May1-06, 05:49 AM
Quote Quote by Chronos
Best of luck, Tze. I suspect you will have a difficult time finding a sponsor.
Probably as I am a bit out of the way and working in other areas, but I have some stuff almost ready to go and hope to prepare something for the IR forum here so that I can at least get some extra feedback. Who knows it might go somewhere. I am not challenging any existing concepts as a matter of fact I lean heavily on what we can already prove, but I am looking to combine a couple of existing concepts to provide a new perspective.
ratfink
May2-06, 02:58 PM
P: 58
Quote Quote by Nereid
Has your theory been published in a peer-reviewed journal (say, ApJ)? If so, would you be so kind as to provide a reference?

If not, have you submitted a paper containing your theory, as a preprint, to ArXiV?
How much does it cost to publish in ApJ these days?
Ratfink

Register to reply