Induction Machine Simulation

by Tromba206
Tags: induction, machine, simulation
Tromba206
Jan11-06, 04:12 AM
P: 1
I'm modelling an induction machine used as a fast-response drive that provides on-demand additional power to a manually operated lever.
My problem is I have no fixed operating point, the motor operates at high speeds but only for a maximum of 10 seconds at a time. I'm also modelling this out of the blue, its a design concept; which means I can't measure or test anything. I do have a preconception of the motor or what it should look like: a small 3phase squirrel cage (Type B or D I guess), with a max. output torque of around 4 N.m
My problem is: I need to be able to design a model (as simple as possible) that would accurately recreate the stator i.e. the effect of having this machine at the end of a 3phase supply.
I have already done this on a permanent magnet BLDCM but that's much more simple because there is no real coupling between stator and rotor equations (there is no rotor ) which reduces the outcome equation to a first order (PT-1) system... mere child's play. I then proceed to implement my simulation to electronically controlled loadboards (controllable V-R-L hardware circuit that would simulate the effect of having the BLDCM, or any other load for that matter, in control circuits).
I have already simulated the induction machine in state-space but thats not very helpful as I can't decouple a clear yet concise simulation i.e. equation/s representing phase voltages/currents for the stator which would then be easy to implement on the load boards, and needless to say a state-space based model that has variable parameters isn't exactly a real time system's best friend.
My end target is to have this in abc coordinates but a solution in dq wouldn't be unwelcome...
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Lifting the brakes on fuel efficiency
PsiKick's batteryless sensors poised for coming 'Internet of things'
Researcher launches successful tech start-up to help the blind

Register to reply