Print Selection on OSX Tiger - Easy Steps to Follow

• Thread starter dduardo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Printing
In summary, the individual is looking for a way to print a selected portion of a website but cannot find the option on Safari. They suggest using the application grab to take a screenshot and printing that instead. After testing on different browsers, they realize that the print selection feature is not available. They provide a potential solution by downloading a third-party tool to print selections.
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
Can someone tell me where to find print selection? I'm trying to print a portion of a website. I can't believe it doesn't have it. :yuck:

Computer science news on Phys.org
What do you mean print selection? Do you mean printing selected text? Yeah, I don't see how to get that to happen on Safari. It shows up as an automatic option if text is selected in the print menu when I'm printing from Word...or pretty much anything else. Let me go look if it's specific to Safari, or any browser.

While I'm looking, an alternative (though cumbersome and probably not what you really want to have to do if there's an easier way) is to use the application grab to take a screenshot (you can select part or all) and print the screenshot.

Edit: Huhm. It seems it doesn't matter what browser I use (I tried Safari, Opera and IE), you can't print a selection in any of them. I never noticed that before. That's a bit annoying. I don't see anything in help on that topic either.

Last edited:
download this: http://www.osiris.laya.com/projects/printselection/

quit safari, install the file you downloaded, then re-open safari and highlight the text and goto safari menu> services> Print selection.

What is "Print Selection on OSX Tiger"?

"Print Selection on OSX Tiger" is a feature that allows users to print only a selected portion of a document or webpage on their Mac computer running on the operating system "OSX Tiger". This can be useful for saving paper and ink, as well as customizing the printout to include only the necessary information.

How do I access the "Print Selection" option on OSX Tiger?

To access the "Print Selection" option, go to the File menu in the program you are using (such as Microsoft Word or Safari), and select "Print". In the print dialog box, look for the "Print Selection" option under the "Copies & Pages" dropdown menu. Select this option to print only the selected portion of the document or webpage.

Can I use the "Print Selection" feature with any program on OSX Tiger?

No, the "Print Selection" feature is not available for all programs on OSX Tiger. It is usually only available for programs that have a print option, such as word processors, web browsers, and image editors. If you're unsure if the program you're using has this feature, you can check the File menu or consult the program's user guide or help section.

Can I adjust the size or orientation of the print selection?

Yes, you can adjust the size and orientation of the print selection in the print dialog box. Look for options such as "Scale" or "Fit to Page" to adjust the size, and "Portrait" or "Landscape" to adjust the orientation. These options may vary depending on the program you are using.

Is there a way to preview the print selection before printing?

Yes, most programs on OSX Tiger have a print preview option that allows you to see how the print selection will look before printing. This can be helpful for making sure the selection is correct and for adjusting the print settings if needed. Look for a "Print Preview" or "Preview" button in the print dialog box to access this feature.