Thanks in advance.
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Mapping the optimal route between two quantum states
Spin-based electronics: New material successfully tested
Verifying the future of quantum computing
Loren Booda
Dec12-03, 06:06 PM
P: 3,408
Think of a (Hilbert) complex vector space, where each state vector represents an equivalent wavefunction. According to von Neumann, the probability between unitary states is the projection, or collapse, of the one vector upon the other, always less than or equal to one. (Visualize the projection of a hypotenuse upon a leg.)
dlgoff
Dec13-03, 05:21 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,704
Thanks for the reply. I just finished watching some Feynman lectures and I'm probably not ready (know enough) to ask.

[b]According to von Neumann, the probability between unitary states is the projection, or collapse, of the one vector upon the other[b/]
Oh, I think I "see". Projection. That makes since. The final observatation\event vector has all other possible state vectors projected upon it? I visualize dominos falling in patterns to a central point. I'll look up hypotenuse and try to understand better. Thanks again.

Loren Booda
Dec13-03, 09:56 PM
P: 3,408
Wave-function question

Both the initial and final state vectors project singly upon each other by measurement.

Register to reply