Register to reply

HELP info on ADC/DAC

by efebest
Tags: adc or dac, info
Share this thread:
efebest
Feb7-06, 04:37 PM
P: 11
Please i need other types of ADC/DAC converters apart from the single/dual slope converters. or info of which website will be helpful.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Tiny UAVs and hummingbirds are put to test
Britain to trial driverless cars from 2015
NIST corrosion lab tests suggest need for underground gas tank retrofits
chroot
Feb7-06, 05:35 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 10,428
You just want a list of different kinds of converters?

How about:

- Flash
- Successive approximation (SAR)
- Delta-Sigma
- Pipeline
- Folded Pipeline

etc.

- Warren
berkeman
Feb7-06, 06:11 PM
Mentor
P: 40,730
I googled tutorial analog digital converter, and got lots of useful hits. Here's the first hit at the top of the list:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...ronic/adc.html

PS -- I'm going to have to look up that folded pipeline topology that chroot mentions....sounds interesting....

efebest
Feb7-06, 06:21 PM
P: 11
HELP info on ADC/DAC

thanks berkeman, i found them but those are just examples of adc i would still search for the dac's also chroot thanks for the list but can u place Delta, Sigma Pipeline, Folded Pipeline in thier categories?
berkeman
Feb7-06, 06:25 PM
Mentor
P: 40,730
ebebest, I think what we are trying to do is give you a few keywords so that you can do a little google searching for yourself to answer your own homework question. That is a skill that you will need to develop in your schoolwork. Try googling the terms that chroot has given you, and put them in the categories yourself...

Also, another way to approach the question is to go to a manufacturer of ADC and DAC components, and look for selector guides and application notes, and check out a few datasheets. Here is one example of such a manufacturer:

http://www.analog.com/

Register to reply