Register to reply

Implicit function grapher

by arunbg
Tags: function, grapher, implicit
Share this thread:
arunbg
Mar7-06, 07:52 AM
P: 600
Can anybody give me links to download software that can plot implicit functions like x^2 + xy =9 etc.
I have searched the net but all that i have found are shareware demos that expire after a period.I am sure there are freeware plotters of this kind but cant find any.
Phys.Org News Partner Mathematics news on Phys.org
Heat distributions help researchers to understand curved space
Professor quantifies how 'one thing leads to another'
Team announces construction of a formal computer-verified proof of the Kepler conjecture
VietDao29
Mar7-06, 07:58 AM
HW Helper
P: 1,422
Quote Quote by arunbg
Can anybody give me links to download software that can plot implicit functions like x^2 + xy =9 etc.
I have searched the net but all that i have found are shareware demos that expire after a period.I am sure there are freeware plotters of this kind but cant find any.
I often use Graph to plot 2D function (implicit ones included). It's free, and pretty easy to use, I may be inclined to say that it's also user-friendly. And I just love it.
On the task bar, just click on the button x < y, then type in the relation x ^ 2 + x * y = 9, and press Enter. Pretty easy, huh? :)
-----------------
P.S: The implicit equation above can be rearranged to give:
[tex]y = \frac{9 - x ^ 2}{x} = -x + \frac{9}{x}[/tex], and it's no longer an implicit function.
arunbg
Mar8-06, 03:34 AM
P: 600
Thanks Vietdao
I downloaded the program and its working great

Register to reply