Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
NASA team lays plans to observe new worlds
IHEP in China has ambitions for Higgs factory
Spinach could lead to alternative energy more powerful than Popeye
Evo
Mar8-06, 05:08 PM
Mentor
P: 26,423
Are you sure you linked to the right page?
zoobyshoe
Mar8-06, 05:33 PM
P: 5,625
Quote Quote by Evo
Are you sure you linked to the right page?
It says this:

# start a business selling physics
Laws of motion on sale—everything must go! Buy one fermion, get one free! Over 10500 string theories in stock!

Evo
Mar8-06, 05:35 PM
Mentor
Start a business selling physics

Yeah, but I was expecting an article or something.
zoobyshoe
Mar8-06, 05:41 PM
Quote Quote by Evo
Yeah, but I was expecting an article or something.
Yes, there are several things I don't understand about this. Marcus saw it.
Astronuc
Mar8-06, 05:41 PM
Admin
P: 21,808
Quote Quote by marcus
http://inverse.physics.berkeley.edu/...es/001624.html

there are several things I don't understand about this
did anybody else see it?
I would recommend not trying too hard to understand it. Way more effort than necessary.

Actually any effort would be too much
Arcane Gazebo
Mar8-06, 06:48 PM
P: n/a
Someone found my blog by searching google for "start a business selling physics". (All the boldface strings are searches that led to my blog.) I thought this was funny and made some silly comments about a hypothetical business that sells "physics". It's nothing profound or meaningful.
zoobyshoe
Mar8-06, 06:56 PM
Quote Quote by Arcane Gazebo
Someone found my blog by searching google for "start a business selling physics". (All the boldface strings are searches that led to my blog.) I thought this was funny and made some silly comments about a hypothetical business that sells "physics". It's nothing profound or meaningful.
Yes, but how did you find out we were discussing it such that you came over here and joined up just to explain it?
Evo
Mar8-06, 07:04 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by zoobyshoe
Yes, but how did you find out we were discussing it such that you came over here and joined up just to explain it?
Someone could have seen it and told him or he could have been lurking until now. I think it's nice that they took time to respond.
Arcane Gazebo
Mar8-06, 07:19 PM
P: n/a
I could see from my referrer log that I was getting hits from this page. (This is also how I knew about the google searches that my blog post was about.)
zoobyshoe
Mar8-06, 07:30 PM
Mystery solved. Except it's still not clear what, specifically, had Marcus confused.
Moonbear
Mar8-06, 07:38 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,271
I thought it was pretty funny. I'm more interested in who was searching about getting drunk in two dimensions though. I'm not sure what confused Marcus though. Maybe he didn't read the first sentence that explained what it was and just stumbled on it?
zoobyshoe
Mar8-06, 07:47 PM
I wonder what a person would pay for a law of motion. I could set up a booth at the swap meet.
marcus
Mar9-06, 01:24 PM
Astronomy
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 23,084
several people asked what I didnt understand
to clear that up
it was that I tried searching google with keywords "start a business selling physics" and maybe some others (I dont remember) and I did NOT come across Arcane Gazebo.
so what I dont understand is were those other people using some non-google search engine? or were they looking harder, like in the 2nd or 3rd page of hits, which i hardly ever look at?
zoobyshoe
Mar9-06, 02:46 PM
Now I understand. I didn't even try it.
Gale
Mar9-06, 04:30 PM
P: 676
is the whole site like a blog? for some reason i've been reading a lot of random bloggy thingies like this recently. i don't get it. people spend so much time on them. usually they're filled with so many inside jokes that its not very fun for me, a stranger, to read.

i thought the google searches were pretty funny though. reminds me of how i found pf. i think i'm gonna google some interesting things and see what i find.
Gale
Mar9-06, 04:48 PM
P: 676
so i was looking around that site.... WEIRD. i found some site called like "learn semi conductor physics from britney spears. and it looks like a joke, but the physics is real, and it has some story about some old famous actress and i don't know if its real either. then i went to the britney chat and some 42 year old ex pro baseball player is hitting on me...
zoobyshoe
Mar9-06, 05:14 PM
Quote Quote by Gale
then i went to the britney chat and some 42 year old ex pro baseball player is hitting on me...
Yeah, I hate when that happens.

Register to reply