Start a business selling physics

In summary: Yeah, I hate when that happens.now i understand. I didn't even try it.is the whole site like a blog? for some reason I've been reading a lot of random bloggy thingies like this recently. i don't get it. people spend so much time on them. usually they're filled with so many inside jokes that its not very fun for me, a stranger, to read.i thought the google searches were pretty funny though. reminds me of how i found pf. i think I'm going to google some interesting things and see what i find.so i was looking around that site... WEIRD. i found some site called like "learn semi conductor physics
marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
http://inverse.physics.berkeley.edu/archives/001624.html

there are several things I don't understand about this
did anybody else see it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Are you sure you linked to the right page?

Evo said:
Are you sure you linked to the right page?
It says this:

# start a business selling physics
Laws of motion on sale—everything must go! Buy one fermion, get one free! Over 10500 string theories in stock!

Yeah, but I was expecting an article or something.

Evo said:
Yeah, but I was expecting an article or something.
Yes, there are several things I don't understand about this. Marcus saw it.

marcus said:
http://inverse.physics.berkeley.edu/archives/001624.html

there are several things I don't understand about this
did anybody else see it?
I would recommend not trying too hard to understand it. Way more effort than necessary. :rolleyes:

Actually any effort would be too much :biggrin:

Someone found my blog by searching google for "start a business selling physics". (All the boldface strings are searches that led to my blog.) I thought this was funny and made some silly comments about a hypothetical business that sells "physics". It's nothing profound or meaningful.

Arcane Gazebo said:
Someone found my blog by searching google for "start a business selling physics". (All the boldface strings are searches that led to my blog.) I thought this was funny and made some silly comments about a hypothetical business that sells "physics". It's nothing profound or meaningful.
Yes, but how did you find out we were discussing it such that you came over here and joined up just to explain it?

zoobyshoe said:
Yes, but how did you find out we were discussing it such that you came over here and joined up just to explain it?
Someone could have seen it and told him or he could have been lurking until now. I think it's nice that they took time to respond.

I could see from my referrer log that I was getting hits from this page. (This is also how I knew about the google searches that my blog post was about.)

Mystery solved. Except it's still not clear what, specifically, had Marcus confused.

I thought it was pretty funny. I'm more interested in who was searching about getting drunk in two dimensions though. :rofl: I'm not sure what confused Marcus though. Maybe he didn't read the first sentence that explained what it was and just stumbled on it?

I wonder what a person would pay for a law of motion. I could set up a booth at the swap meet.

several people asked what I didnt understand
to clear that up
it was that I tried searching google with keywords "start a business selling physics" and maybe some others (I don't remember) and I did NOT come across Arcane Gazebo.
so what I don't understand is were those other people using some non-google search engine? or were they looking harder, like in the 2nd or 3rd page of hits, which i hardly ever look at?

Now I understand. I didn't even try it.

is the whole site like a blog? for some reason I've been reading a lot of random bloggy thingies like this recently. i don't get it. people spend so much time on them. usually they're filled with so many inside jokes that its not very fun for me, a stranger, to read.

i thought the google searches were pretty funny though. reminds me of how i found pf. i think I'm going to google some interesting things and see what i find.

so i was looking around that site... WEIRD. i found some site called like "learn semi conductor physics from britney spears. and it looks like a joke, but the physics is real, and it has some story about some old famous actress and i don't know if its real either. then i went to the britney chat and some 42 year old ex pro baseball player is hitting on me...

Gale said:
then i went to the britney chat and some 42 year old ex pro baseball player is hitting on me...
Yeah, I hate when that happens.

well zoob, i know I've always said i was only 18, but really, I'm 44, and have i ever mentioned how cute you were? oh, by the way, i once played for the st louis cardinals. yeah, that's pro. what are you said we head on over to my place and i'll show you my old trophies sugar.

Gale said:
and it has some story about some old famous actress and i don't know if its real either.
Probably Hedy Lamarr "In 1942, at the height of her Hollywood career, she patented a frequency-switching system for torpedo guidance that was two decades ahead of its time."

http://www.inventions.org/culture/female/lamarr.html

then i went to the britney chat and some 42 year old ex pro baseball player is hitting on me...
Oh that's just sick, some old perv trolling a Britney Spears chat room looking for teenagers. :yuck:

Evo said:
Oh that's just sick, some old perv trolling a Britney Spears chat room looking for teenagers. :yuck:
Yeah, they're always hitting on me when I'm over there trying to enjoy a pleasant Britney Spears discussion with some hot, young teen babe.

yeah hedy lamarr, but that's not her real name. she changed it cause she did some racy movie in the beginning of her career. so that's a true story eh? that's pretty crazy. she's a really pretty girl. and she knew hitler according to the britnery spears site.

and yeah, it was gross. i went back a bit later, and there was like 4 guys in there and two girls named "sexygurrrll" or "hotbabe" i was like.. yeah, ook. and the first guy i talked to was like "i'm just a harmless pervert, its ok." i was like wow.

1) How much initial investment is required to start a business selling physics?

The amount of initial investment required to start a business selling physics can vary greatly depending on the type of business and its scale. It can range from a few thousand dollars for a small online store to several million dollars for a physical store or laboratory. It is important to properly research and plan your business to determine the specific costs involved.

2) What products or services can I offer as a business selling physics?

As a business selling physics, you can offer a variety of products and services such as educational materials, scientific equipment, consulting services, and even physics-themed merchandise. You can also specialize in a specific area of physics, such as astrophysics or quantum mechanics, and offer related products and services.

3) What qualifications or skills do I need to start a business selling physics?

Having a strong background in physics is essential for starting a business in this field. You should also have good business skills, such as budgeting, marketing, and customer service. It may also be beneficial to have experience in sales or entrepreneurship.

4) How can I market my business selling physics?

There are various ways to market your business selling physics, including creating a strong online presence through social media and a website, attending science fairs and conferences, and reaching out to potential customers through targeted advertising. You can also collaborate with schools and universities to offer your products and services to students and educators.

5) What are some potential challenges of starting a business selling physics?

Some potential challenges of starting a business selling physics may include competition from established companies, managing expenses and cash flow, and keeping up with advancements in the field. It is important to continuously research and adapt to changes in the market and industry to stay competitive and successful.