Do you have Asperger's Syndrome Test

by Evo
Tags: asperger, syndrome, test
Share this thread:
Evo
Apr23-06, 03:32 PM
Mentor
P: 26,541
Zooby is always talking about Asperger's, so I am posting this test in his honor.

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?te...15450153908026

My score:

UnaffectedResult: 22.

Your score isn't an achievement, it just is.
Psychologist Simon Baron-Cohen and his colleagues at Cambridge's Autism Research Centre have created the Autism-Spectrum Quotient, or AQ, as a measure of the extent of autistic traits in adults. In the first major trial using the test, the average score in the control group was 16.4. Eighty percent of those diagnosed with autism or a related disorder scored 32 or higher. The test is not a means for making a diagnosis, however, and many who score above 32 and even meet the diagnostic criteria for mild autism or Asperger's report no difficulty functioning in their everyday lives. You scored less than 32. Make your own assessment of that
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Apple to unveil 'iWatch' on September 9
NASA deep-space rocket, SLS, to launch in 2018
Study examines 13,000-year-old nanodiamonds from multiple locations across three continents
vladb
Apr23-06, 04:05 PM
P: 42
Unaffected
Result: 28. Your score isn't an achievement, it just is.
The rest is the same.

It also said that I scored higher than 62% on points (in my age group, which is 19)

I don't know if that's too much considering the control group had only 16.4.
About two years ago I think I would have scored much less though.
zoobyshoe
Apr23-06, 04:10 PM
P: 5,630
Quote Quote by Evo
Zooby is always talking about Asperger's, so I am posting this test in his honor.
I'm not sure "always" comes close to being accurate: I started one thread about it. "Always" applies more closely, if we're using the term "always" to mean "frequently", to my interest in simple partial seizures.

Aspergers is fascinating and I was especially interested in this piece:

http://www.tonyattwood.com.au/index.htm

which a woman who believed she had Asperger's alerted me to a couple years ago. She later wrote to Tony Atwood telling her story and recieved an e-mail back saying he thought there was a very good chance she had the syndrome and would probably recieve this diagnosis from any well versed psychiatrist (which is a rare thing to find). She thought it fit her like a glove and explained a slew of things about her that had merely confused her shrinks for years.

The linked article explains how girls with Aspergers develop very differently than boys. It doesn't cause the same problems for girls and girls are more adept at finding ways of adjusting without bringing inordinate attention to themselves. They don't stand out the way boys with Aspergers do.

wolram
Apr23-06, 04:11 PM
PF Gold
P: 3,685
Do you have Asperger's Syndrome Test

I scored 32, but some of the questions are hard to decide. i will have to reconsider.
mattmns
Apr23-06, 04:16 PM
P: 1,123
I got a 20.

I scored higher than 28% with respect to my age and gender.

Quote Quote by wolram
I scored 32, but some of the questions are hard to decide. i will have to reconsider.
Uh oh!
wolram
Apr23-06, 04:21 PM
PF Gold
Well it is a stupid test some of the questions can be ansewered either way.
heartless
Apr23-06, 04:24 PM
P: 214
Result: 29. Your score isn't an achievement, it just is.
Psychologist Simon Baron-Cohen and his colleagues at Cambridge's Autism Research Centre have created the Autism-Spectrum Quotient, or AQ, as a measure of the extent of autistic traits in adults. In the first major trial using the test, the average score in the control group was 16.4. Eighty percent of those diagnosed with autism or a related disorder scored 32 or higher. The test is not a means for making a diagnosis, however, and many who score above 32 and even meet the diagnostic criteria for mild autism or Asperger's report no difficulty functioning in their everyday lives. You scored less than 32. Make your own assessment of that

It doesn't mean anything.
Cyrus
Apr23-06, 04:25 PM
P: 4,777
Unaffected
Result: 24. Your score isn't an achievement, it just is.
Azael
Apr23-06, 04:34 PM
P: 324
31 wonder what that means
Monique
Apr23-06, 04:39 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,642
Result: 17, unaffected. I guess that makes me normal
mattmns
Apr23-06, 04:46 PM
P: 1,123
Looking at wikipedia, it is speculated that Newton and Einstein had Asperger's, so don't feel bad wolram
wolram
Apr23-06, 05:00 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by mattmns
Looking at wikipedia, it is speculated that Newton and Einstein had Asperger's, so don't feel bad wolram
I do not feel bad, the test is just ambiguous, i am sure no doctor would take
it seriously.
Evo
Apr23-06, 05:20 PM
Mentor
P: 26,541
It seems to be a test more of whether you prefer social or non social settings. And depending on my mood, I could answer either way.
franznietzsche
Apr23-06, 05:32 PM
P: 1,783
I got a 31.
Moonbear
Apr23-06, 05:52 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
I'm below average!
Unaffected
Result: 9. Your score isn't an achievement, it just is.
Math Is Hard
Apr23-06, 06:55 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,922
what does it mean if you ran out of patience and couldn't finish the test? ADD?
wolram
Apr23-06, 07:02 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Math Is Hard
what does it mean if you ran out of patience and couldn't finish the test? ADD?
It means you are a level headed sensible gorgeous person. but a teensy weensy bit more patience would be a bonus.
zeronem
Apr23-06, 09:33 PM
P: 100
I found it hard to be truthful on this test. I know I got some kind of social problem. I think I have Oppositional Defiant Disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder, which has lead me to answer some questions untruthfully because of envy.

I only speak or engage in conversation when someone starts it. I don't think I've ever started a conversation with someone. Generally I Speak when Spoken too, other then that keep my mouth ****ing shut.

Register to reply