Buy paint for the offices

by wolram
Tags: offices, paint
Share this thread:
wolram
Jun19-06, 08:29 PM
PF Gold
P: 3,685
Last week i was asked to buy paint for the offices, after about 2hrs fafing about they decide on beige walls and cream doors, well the paint came yesterday ,and i have a note saying i bought the wrong colours, the colour is written on the tins B E I G E and C R E AM, some people
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Flapping baby birds give clues to origin of flight
Prions can trigger 'stuck' wine fermentations, researchers find
Socially-assistive robots help kids with autism learn by providing personalized prompts
dav2008
Jun19-06, 08:33 PM
PF Gold
P: 621
I think the problem is that they wanted colors and you bought colours.
Astronuc
Jun19-06, 08:44 PM
Admin
P: 21,871
I'd go with purple doors and electric blue walls.

Chi Meson
Jun19-06, 08:47 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 1,772
Buy paint for the offices

Quote Quote by wolram
Last week i was asked to buy paint for the offices, after about 2hrs fafing about they decide on beige walls and cream doors, well the paint came yesterday ,and i have a note saying i bought the wrong colours, the colour is written on the tins B E I G E and C R E AM, some people
Maybe the cans were delivered back to front, and the "some people" thought you ordered cream walls and beige doors. Tell them you'll take care of it, and while their backs are turned, put the beige where the cream was and the cream where the beige was and then say, "phew, it was hard work convincing them but they agreed to take the old cans back."
Gokul43201
Jun19-06, 09:31 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,155
Quote Quote by wolram
Wollie, you're so out of the color thing. Colors can no longer be described by a single word. Beige? There must be a gazillion beiges out there, from almond beige to tahiti beige.

Here : http://images.google.com/images?q=be...=Search+Images

Do these all look the same to you? You obviously only registered the parts of the color name that you are familiar with.

Or maybe they wanted this color for everything:

It's called beige cream!
Astronuc
Jun19-06, 09:51 PM
Admin
P: 21,871
Quote Quote by Gokul43201
Wollie, you're so out of the color thing. Colors can no longer be described by a single word. Beige? There must be a gazillion beiges out there, from almond beige to tahiti beige.

Do these all look the same to you? You obviously only registered the parts of the color name that you are familiar with.

It's called beige cream!
with chocolate chips. Looks like granite to me.
Moonbear
Jun19-06, 10:26 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
Quote Quote by wolram
The only way to be sure to get the right colors when someone asks for them is to have them select a swatch and order by the number on the swatch. To some people, beige and cream are even synonymous. Just paint everything the same colors and stick a few u's around until they look like the right colours.
wolram
Jun19-06, 10:39 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Moonbear
The only way to be sure to get the right colors when someone asks for them is to have them select a swatch and order by the number on the swatch. To some people, beige and cream are even synonymous. Just paint everything the same colors and stick a few u's around until they look like the right colours.
Not being funny Moon B, but a swatch is a designer watch
over here ? any way they did not specify any thing other than beige and cream, i am sure they are just flexing the management muscle, by the color on the tins i think it would be good enough for this place. i will tell them to get a swatch, oh no better not.
wolram
Jun19-06, 10:42 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Gokul43201

It's called beige cream!
I like that, it would be cool on my chimney breast.
Moonbear
Jun19-06, 10:45 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by wolram
Not being funny Moon B, but a swatch is a designer watch
over here ?
Oh dear. I don't know what the English translation would be. Those cards with the colors painted on them that you get to choose colors from, and they have the precise color name and number on them. But, yeah, with color choices like beige and cream, they really shouldn't be arguing too much over it. It's not like they asked for green and you brought back blue.
JamesU
Jun19-06, 10:46 PM
PF Gold
P: 745
You spelled 'color' wrong
Gokul43201
Jun19-06, 10:53 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,155
Quote Quote by Moonbear
Oh dear. I don't know what the English translation would be.
Shade card? Colour palette?
wolram
Jun19-06, 10:56 PM
PF Gold
I just looked up paint and color on google, there is a (bazillion) and it says it is not a perfect match due to different monitors i think i will leave a note for the day guys they are married and may have a clue.
Moonbear
Jun19-06, 11:27 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by wolram
I just looked up paint and color on google, there is a (bazillion) and it says it is not a perfect match due to different monitors i think i will leave a note for the day guys they are married and may have a clue.
They won't have any more of a clue, but they will at least be able to sympathize.

Register to reply