Register to reply

Early Trancedentals vs Calculus by John Stewart

by Checkfate
Tags: calculus, early trancedentals, john, stewart
Share this thread:
Checkfate
Oct9-06, 01:45 PM
P: 149
Hi, a friend is offering to give me "Calculus" by John Stewart, I just wanted to know whether there was a big differance between this book and "Calculus:Early Transcendentals"(Which I might be able to get)... I know that early Transcendentals introduces e and logarithm's etc sooner, but will I get the same info out of both books? This might not be the right forum for this but I figured that since they are both fairly popular calculus text's, someone here might know. Anyways, thanks!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
New type of solar concentrator desn't block the view
Researchers demonstrate ultra low-field nuclear magnetic resonance using Earth's magnetic field
Asian inventions dominate energy storage systems
AKG
Oct9-06, 04:04 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 2,586
John Stewart is a comedian; I think you mean James Stewart.
Hurkyl
Oct9-06, 04:06 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 16,091
I was under the impression that it's mostly just a rearrangement of the same content. I've not actually compared them, though.

moose
Oct9-06, 05:47 PM
P: 555
Early Trancedentals vs Calculus by John Stewart

Aren't they both by James Stewart (or in part by)?
leright
Oct9-06, 07:00 PM
P: 1,194
Quote Quote by moose
Aren't they both by James Stewart (or in part by)?
yes, they are both by james stewart, and likely the content is identical but just presented in a different order.
Checkfate
Oct10-06, 11:46 AM
P: 149
lol, sorry for the wrong name. Yea, thats what I figured, but wanted to make sure that I am not getting a watered down version or anything silly like that. Thanks alot guys :).
Poop-Loops
Oct12-06, 07:39 PM
P: 863
I have Calc ET by James Stewart. It's a good book. I still use it sometimes, because it has decent explanations. It's much better than my Diff Eq's book and Linear Algebra books were (with respect to what they are supposed to teach AND for the parts that overlap).
Pythagorean
Oct12-06, 08:59 PM
PF Gold
P: 4,287
I find myself looking back to my ET once in a while for my electrodynamics class

Register to reply