force no. 1: 5.0N at 0 deg
force no. 2: 5.0N at 90 deg
force system b:
force no. 1: 5.0N at 0 deg
force no. 2: 5.0N at 60 deg
force system c:
force no. 1: 5.0N at 30 deg
force no. 2: 5.0N at 150 deg

how do you find the equilibrant force using the trigonometric method? Do you multiply the force 1 (5.0) times cos 0 deg; force 2 (5.0) times cos 90 deg; etc?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Better thermal-imaging lens from waste sulfur
Hackathon team's GoogolPlex gives Siri extra powers
Bright points in Sun's atmosphere mark patterns deep in its interior
radou
Oct23-06, 07:19 PM
HW Helper
P: 3,225
Well, you have a few systems consisting of two forces here. Now, for every system, i.e. for every couple of forces, you must consider the resultant force, which is the sum of the two forces of a system. For example, for the system a, you have [tex]\vec{R}=\vec{F}_{1}+\vec{F}_{2}=5\vec{i}+5\vec{j}[/tex]. So, the force which will set the system of equilibrium is a force with the same magnitude as the resultant force R, but pointing in the opposite direction. Now you have a clue.
nikmar
Oct23-06, 08:18 PM
P: 2
Thank you for your input...I think I have it.

Register to reply