Airport attacks

by wolram
Tags: airport, attacks
Evo
Jun30-07, 06:18 PM
Mentor
P: 25,928
Sadly there is no shortage of nuts in the world.
cristo
Jun30-07, 08:02 PM
Mentor
P: 8,287
There was speculation that this was linked with the potential london car-bombings yesterday, due to the similarities (cans of petrol in the cars being one of them). However, I think it's just a coincidence that these two decided to do this today.

Evo
Jun30-07, 08:22 PM
Mentor
P: 25,928

Airport attacks

Quote Quote by cristo View Post
There was speculation that this was linked with the potential london car-bombings yesterday, due to the similarities (cans of petrol in the cars being one of them). However, I think it's just a coincidence that these two decided to do this today.
Could be copycat. It didn't sound like much in common.
cristo
Jun30-07, 08:28 PM
Mentor
P: 8,287
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
It didn't sound like much in common.
Yea, it didn't sound too similar to me either. However, I've just checked the BBC website and come across this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6257606.stm. Apparently they were linked, arrests have been made in other parts of the country, and now we're on the highest security level.

Yesterday, I suspected that the bombs weren't supposed to go off, and that this was meant to unsettle the new government, but now I'm not so sure.
ranger
Jun30-07, 10:13 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,686
They stepped up security in NY airports big time; the same goes for the subways. But the bad part is that all the extra security presence will be gone in a couple months time. Its just a shame that they have to wait for something to happen to take some extra preventative measures.
Astronuc
Jul1-07, 06:32 AM
Admin
P: 21,628
Quote Quote by ranger View Post
They stepped up security in NY airports big time; the same goes for the subways. But the bad part is that all the extra security presence will be gone in a couple months time. Its just a shame that they have to wait for something to happen to take some extra preventative measures.
There has to be a balance between extra security and the economic costs, including delays or disruption.

I am sure that these days, intelligence services are working to thwart terrorist attacks.

Unfortunately, there seems to be no shortage of those who are motivated to commit terrorist acts.

Register to reply