Help! Can't Get Java After Computer Reboot

• Java
  • Thread starter Robbieboy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Java
In summary, the conversation discussed an issue with downloading Java due to an unvalidated operating system. The suggestion was made to contact Microsoft support or burn a copy of Java from a different computer. It was also noted that Java should be downloaded from Sun, not Microsoft, and questioned why a validated OS is needed for the download.
Robbieboy
I recently had to get my computer rebooted using a fake operating system of XP due to a virus. But i can't get Java anymore! I can't validate my system as it requires that do proceed with the download. Is there anyway i can get it...?

Technology news on Phys.org
It's a better idea to call MS support instead of using pirated software.

Just burn a copy of Java on a cd from a different computer.

Huh? You should be downloading the Java JRE from Sun, not Microsoft. Why do you need to validate the OS to install Java? Maybe I'm completely missing something.

I do download it from sun but when you download it it then comes up and tells me that my computer hasnt got a validated xp on it so it can't continue with the download.

1. Why can't I get Java after rebooting my computer?

There could be a few reasons for this. It's possible that Java was not properly installed on your computer, or that the installation was interrupted during the reboot. It's also possible that your computer's firewall or security settings are blocking Java. Lastly, if you recently updated your operating system or Java, there may be compatibility issues causing Java to not work after a reboot.

2. How do I install Java after rebooting my computer?

If you don't have Java installed on your computer, you can visit the official Java website and download the latest version. Make sure to follow the installation instructions carefully and ensure that Java is enabled in your browser settings. If you already have Java installed, try reinstalling it to see if that resolves the issue.

3. What should I do if my computer's firewall is blocking Java?

You can try adjusting your firewall settings to allow Java to run. You can usually find these settings in your computer's control panel or security settings. Make sure to only allow Java to run on trusted websites to ensure your computer's safety.

4. How can I check if Java is enabled in my browser settings?

Each browser has different settings for enabling Java, but you can usually find them by going into the browser's settings or preferences and searching for "Java". Make sure that Java is enabled and that there are no restrictions for running Java on certain websites.

5. What should I do if Java still isn't working after trying these solutions?

If none of the above solutions work, it's possible that there is an underlying issue with your computer's operating system or Java installation. You can try updating your operating system and Java to the latest versions, or contact a computer technician for further assistance.