Wisdom tooth surgery tomorrow !!

by radou
Tags: surgery, tooth, wisdom
radou
Oct3-07, 09:05 AM
HW Helper
P: 3,225
So, tomorrow at 10:30 am I'm visiting an oral surgeon to finally get it over with. Pleeease hold all your thumbs for everything to go right.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
NASA's space station Robonaut finally getting legs
Free the seed: OSSI nurtures growing plants without patent barriers
Going nuts? Turkey looks to pistachios to heat new eco-city
Evo
Oct3-07, 09:16 AM
Mentor
P: 25,944
Are they putting you to sleep or just numbing it?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
wolram
Oct3-07, 09:59 AM
PF Gold
P: 3,669
Quote Quote by radou View Post
So, tomorrow at 10:30 am I'm visiting an oral surgeon to finally get it over with. Pleeease hold all your thumbs for everything to go right.
You will be fine in a month or two, good luck i hope all goes well.

Greg Bernhardt
Oct3-07, 10:28 AM
Admin
P: 8,536

Wisdom tooth surgery tomorrow !!

I remember getting mine out, whatever drugs they gave me it was all worth it. Felt like a million bucks getting out of the chair :)
Math Is Hard
Oct3-07, 11:47 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,921
Yay!! Finally!! You are going to be so happy you did this, radou. It's no big deal. I got mine done in the morning and went out to rent videos that afternoon. Ask the doc if you can have Vicodin for recovery - it's great stuff.
radou
Oct3-07, 01:28 PM
HW Helper
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Are they putting you to sleep or just numbing it?
No, they're just going to use local anaesthesia, since only one wisdom tooth is being removed tomorrow.

Quote Quote by wolram View Post
You will be fine in a month or two, good luck i hope all goes well.
In a month or two??? I didn't hear that.

Quote Quote by Math Is Hard View Post
Yay!! Finally!! You are going to be so happy you did this, radou. It's no big deal. I got mine done in the morning and went out to rent videos that afternoon. Ask the doc if you can have Vicodin for recovery - it's great stuff.
Well, that's exactly what I'm planning to do tomorrow. Get myself stuffed with painkillers and renting a few videos. Actually, it was yesterday evening that I was totally nervous and completely out of myself because of it, but right now I'm completely relaxed and I can't wait to get rid of the bugger!!
Astronuc
Oct3-07, 03:59 PM
Admin
P: 21,634
I only had one. The dentist applied a local anesthetic. After a few minutes he came back with pliers and tried to pull the tooth with one hand - then two hands - then he put his foot on the arm of the chair for leverage - and the finally came out.

Good luck tomorrow.
Math Is Hard
Oct3-07, 04:19 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,921
Astronuc, that would have been a lovely story to share some other time!
radou
Oct3-07, 04:28 PM
HW Helper
Nah, it's okay - I remember my dentist pulling out two of my teeth for the purpose of orthodoncy a long time ago in a similar manner; he placed his foot on the chair, pulled like a madman and was sweating the hell out of himself!
tacosareveryyum
Oct3-07, 04:41 PM
P: 44
Hmm thats intersting. I am getting mine out in the morning as well. My surgery is at 9AM and I am getting all 4 removed. I am going to be put to sleep though.
tacosareveryyum
Oct3-07, 04:42 PM
P: 44
Anybody want to recommend me any movies. Preferably science fiction or things along the line of A Beautiful Mind.
radou
Oct3-07, 04:53 PM
HW Helper
Quote Quote by tacosareveryyum View Post
Hmm thats intersting. I am getting mine out in the morning as well. My surgery is at 9AM and I am getting all 4 removed. I am going to be put to sleep though.
Hey, good luck to you, too!
Astronuc
Oct3-07, 04:57 PM
Admin
On the bright side, that was first time the dentist had to do that. Hopefully he hasn't done it since. I've always been tough on things.
scorpa
Oct3-07, 05:28 PM
P: 376
Good luck. When my friend got hers out the dentist ended up dropping one of the tooth fragments down her sinus cavity and she had to get surgery to have it removed. That was awesome. But I'm sure it won't happen to you, you'll be fine. Another friend just had his removed recently and it didn't seem to bother him at all, he seemed perfectly fine when I saw him the next day and claims it was no big deal.
radou
Oct4-07, 05:52 AM
HW Helper
So, I just came home. Everything went well, and it was done in 30 minutes. Right now I'm sitting here and chewing down on a sterile gauze.
Far Star
Oct4-07, 06:11 AM
P: 73
Good to hear it went okay. Follow the instructions they gave you and be make sure to keep the gauze in place. Cool liquids and all that. Happy healing!
Astronuc
Oct4-07, 06:24 AM
Admin
Good news. Glad all went well.
Evo
Oct4-07, 09:38 AM
Mentor
P: 25,944
Happy to hear all went well. Follow your instructions, the next few days are important to avoiding problems.

Register to reply