Register to reply

Honors program?

by proton
Tags: honors, program
Share this thread:
proton
Nov6-07, 06:57 PM
P: 356
I'm currently debating whether to join my school's honors program. Since I'm a transfer student and have completed all of my lower-div and GE classes, I just have to take upperdiv math and physics. Of the classes I want to take, none of them are honors courses (they dont cover extra material than non-honors courses), but do count as honors credit for the honors program (like the upper-div physics electives). Do grad schools and employers really care if you graduate with honors? if not, then the only benefits to this program are the extra interaction I get to have with students and professors. (which could lead to me getting better letters of rec, right?) in that case, I might as well just take a few courses for honors credit, but not do the honors program (since it has a minimum units reqirement).
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Fungus deadly to AIDS patients found to grow on trees
Canola genome sequence reveals evolutionary 'love triangle'
Scientists uncover clues to role of magnetism in iron-based superconductors
JasonRox
Nov6-07, 07:42 PM
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 2,327
Is there a way to balance courses you want to take and courses that are required?
proton
Nov7-07, 02:06 AM
well 3 of the 5 classes I need to take are upper-div physics electives. So to fill the other 2, I need to take either 1 grad-level course and 1 probability theory course (the only math course that I'm even somewhat interested in taking), 1 grad level course and 1 more physics elective, or 2 grad-level courses. Right now, I'm not sure whether I want to go to grad school, so I'm uncertain about taking grad-level courses. If I do the honors program, I have to spend extra work for the class and with the professors for each of those classes

proton
Nov8-07, 11:26 PM
Honors program?

I would really appreciate any responses. i have to enroll in my classes for next quarter soon

Register to reply