Register to reply

Current balances & Electromagnet Induction

by PurpleMist
Tags: balances, current, electromagnet, induction
Share this thread:
PurpleMist
Dec3-07, 11:11 PM
P: 1
I am doing a question about Current balances & Electromagnet Induction and i cnat seem to figure out a few thing and i was hoping someone could help me, so here is the question:

A conducting bar moves to the right along parallel,frictionless conducting rails connected on one end by a 6.00ohm resistor. A 2.50T magnetic field is directed into the paper. The length is 1.20m and the mass of the bar is negligible.

*calculate teh applied force that is necessary to move the bar to the right at a constant speed of 2.00m/s.

*determine the rate at which energy dissipated in the resistor.

*calculate the power outputted by the resistor if the speed of the rod is doubled.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
wysard
Dec3-07, 11:30 PM
P: 172
What paper? Where is it? on the back of the conductor, underneath it, beside it??

What is the resistance of teh conducting bar?

Where is the field applied and how? I ask, because if it is induced across the rails by a voltage that conducting bar sitting on those frictionless rails is going to go west in a real hurry.

Register to reply