LaTeX Page Numbering?

by Moridin
Tags: latex, numbering
Moridin
Feb9-08, 01:43 PM
P: 858
I've tried Google, but since I'm not sure on what the command is actually called, I'm having some difficulties finding this command. What it does is to remove the page number on the page with the title and abstract, yet keep the internal structure unchanged, that is, the page after the front page is still marked as "2". I've used it before, it just can't remember what it was. Thanks.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Better thermal-imaging lens from waste sulfur
Hackathon team's GoogolPlex gives Siri extra powers
Bright points in Sun's atmosphere mark patterns deep in its interior
kdv
Feb9-08, 01:55 PM
P: 329
Quote Quote by Moridin View Post
I've tried Google, but since I'm not sure on what the command is actually called, I'm having some difficulties finding this command. What it does is to remove the page number on the page with the title and abstract, yet keep the internal structure unchanged, that is, the page after the front page is still marked as "2". I've used it before, it just can't remember what it was. Thanks.
After the maketitle line I put
\thispagestyle{empty}
kdv
Feb9-08, 01:59 PM
P: 329
Quote Quote by kdv View Post
After the maketitle line I put
\thispagestyle{empty}
And after

\end{titlepage}

I put

\setcounter{page}{2}

This way the second page (which is the Content page in my case) starts at page 2.

I am using amstex and I am not sure how much of this is specific to ams style.

Register to reply