View Poll Results: What state will Iraq be in on 7/1/04 ?
extreme ubiquitous populist anarchy 3 42.86%
organized Islamic revolution 0 0%
Islamic/Secular civil war 0 0%
Exactly the same as today 2 28.57%
unorganized populist Iraqi national revolution 1 14.29%
orderly transition to colonial serfdom the Halliburton way 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Register to reply

June 30, 2003; The Entity is Revealed

by schwarzchildradius
Tags: 2003, entity, june, revealed
Share this thread:
schwarzchildradius
Apr18-04, 11:21 PM
P: 179
"I don't know how history will judge me-- everyone will be dead!"
-GWB
Okay, picture 70 days from now what will happen in Free Iraq. The hype has been tremendous, and the whole line has been that it will be a stable, democratic, free government of happy Iraqis. We're going to hand over power to "The Entity" ironically divined from anarchy by the UN envoy. The architects of the war plans expected the country to become more stable over time, and stubbornly adhere to the 6/30/04 deadline, yet the death toll for April alone is one short of 100 and we're only half way through it. Bremer flatly states that Iraqi security forces will not be ready to protect the country from insurgents. Yet what has been feared as a civil war might actually be an Islamic revolution (!)
What kind of state will Iraq be in on 7/1/04?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
'Smart material' chin strap harvests energy from chewing
King Richard III died painfully on battlefield
Capturing ancient Maya sites from both a rat's and a 'bat's eye view'
RageSk8
Apr19-04, 09:26 AM
P: 118
I doubt the political situation in Iraq will change much in the next 70 days. I don't see a complete breakdown or a huge shift in the power relations between the three Islamic sects. I do think there will be an increase in violance against the US and its allies.
selfAdjoint
Apr19-04, 10:57 AM
Emeritus
PF Gold
P: 8,147
I want to protest the choice of alternatives. There should at least been a "none of the above" category, even if you didn't personally think "Promisingly stable republic" was likely. A skewed set of choices is just a disguised rant in my opinion.

russ_watters
Apr19-04, 11:25 AM
Mentor
P: 22,313
June 30, 2003; The Entity is Revealed

Quote Quote by selfAdjoint
I want to protest the choice of alternatives. There should at least been a "none of the above" category, even if you didn't personally think "Promisingly stable republic" was likely. A skewed set of choices is just a disguised rant in my opinion.
There should also be the choice of it looking the way its meant to look after 6/30...

Not that I really think it will be a reasonably stable democracy on 7/1, but it should still be a choice.
schwarzchildradius
Apr19-04, 04:38 PM
P: 179
Quote Quote by selfAdjoint
That's what this part is for. Say what you think.
Nommos Prime (Dogon)
Apr20-04, 12:46 AM
P: 383
Bring out populist anarchy!
Its got my vote as the BEST system of government on present-day Earth.
Although, it's never been tried (not counting Spain's events).

Register to reply