Register to reply

It's the 21st century, does anyone make a stapler that works?

by nottheone
Tags: 21st, century, stapler
Share this thread:
nottheone
Mar3-09, 05:33 PM
P: 94
I have said that many times. "It's 200x, does anyone make a stapler that actually staples most of the time?" It is something that aggravates the hell out of me. Pulling out failed staples. I have tossed many Swinglines in the garbage after they get below 90%. And since they don't start at 100%, it doesn't take long. A new one might be 96% to 98% at best.

Well no more!

I found a stapler that actually works and it isn't electric. This stapler is orders of magnitude better than a regular Swingline. I have one at home and we now have one at work and neither one has had a failed staple yet. It even uses regular staples and can staple over 20 sheets. This may not seem like a big deal, but this stapler is so cool it actually gets people excited once they use it. It even has a safety so it can't shoot them easily, which we bypassed of course to see how it shoots them and it could be called a dangerous weapon, the shots are virtually invisible it shoots them so fast.

http://www.paperpro.com/technology/
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Suddenly, the sun is eerily quiet: Where did the sunspots go?
'Moral victories' might spare you from losing again
Mammoth and mastodon behavior was less roam, more stay at home
dilletante
Mar12-09, 08:13 AM
P: 96
Good find -- after reading your post I bought a PaperPro Prodigy from Amazon. I rarely have anything to staple but I couldn't resist because the technology looked cool. Now I look for things to staple whether they need it or not. Purchased 5 more of them for friends.
mgb_phys
Mar12-09, 08:44 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 8,955
Quote Quote by nottheone View Post
see how it shoots them and it could be called a dangerous weapon, the shots are virtually invisible it shoots them so fast.
I hope you aren't planning to invade Canada with this weapon of mass destruction.

http://www.vancouversun.com/Technolo...234/story.html

russ_watters
Mar14-09, 10:40 AM
Mentor
P: 22,211
It's the 21st century, does anyone make a stapler that works?

Staples sells these - I've been using them for a few years. Basically, it's just the lever action of a staple gun applied to an office stapler.
It even has a safety so it can't shoot them easily, which we bypassed of course to see how it shoots them and it could be called a dangerous weapon, the shots are virtually invisible it shoots them so fast.
Yes, you can use it like a staple gun. The one I used to have at my old job was an older one without a safety and you could just unfold it and squeeze it and shoot staples at your cowor....er, across the room at inanimate objects.
Gnosis
Mar14-09, 06:17 PM
P: 143
Quote Quote by mgb_phys View Post
I hope you aren't planning to invade Canada with this weapon of mass destruction.

Register to reply