Register to reply

Allergies around the corner

by waht
Tags: allergies, corner
Share this thread:
waht
Mar16-09, 11:57 AM
P: 1,636
Does anyone suffer from spring allergies?

I've been to many doctors before, and took just about every pill there is and will be, to curb its effects. Sometimes the meds work, and sometimes the side effects are worst than the allergy itself. Needless to say, it's difficult to function in the spring, and will have to take many days off from work during peak season.

But this year, the doc suggested an expensive immunotherapy, where I will have to take antigen shots for two years. And that should basically kill the allergies for many years to come.

So wondering if anyone took such a treatment and what the results were?
Phys.Org News Partner Medical research news on Phys.org
Total darkness at night is key to success of breast cancer therapy
Monitoring the rise and fall of the microbiome
Common blood thinner for pregnant women proven ineffective
fileen
Mar22-09, 09:48 PM
P: 67
Quote Quote by waht View Post
Does anyone suffer from spring allergies?

I've been to many doctors before, and took just about every pill there is and will be, to curb its effects. Sometimes the meds work, and sometimes the side effects are worst than the allergy itself. Needless to say, it's difficult to function in the spring, and will have to take many days off from work during peak season.

But this year, the doc suggested an expensive immunotherapy, where I will have to take antigen shots for two years. And that should basically kill the allergies for many years to come.

So wondering if anyone took such a treatment and what the results were?
That sounds pretty extreme! Id be researching how it works, why and what the side effects are. I have pretty bad allergies myself, and Im in the same boat you are, nothing seems to work, and if it does the side effects are not worth it. I got rid of all carpets in my house, replaced the furniture with leather, and bought a dehumidifier to help keep mold out, and that really helped. Im also a big fan of trying to do things the natural way before resorting to meds. I have a friend (who is a doctor) who knew I was searching for natural ways to combat my allergies, and she told me about some recent studies that suggest a lot of immune problems are related to vitamin deficiencies. I started a multivitamin, and it makes me feel pretty good as a general rule, but I cant say whether is helped my allergies because I revamped my house around the same time.

Register to reply