Register to reply

Integration by finding limits?

by Ruckstar033
Tags: integration, limits
Share this thread:
Ruckstar033
May6-09, 07:45 AM
P: 1
Hi Guys, im having a huge problem with integration at the moment and dont know how to approach it cause i have a lousy teacher who couldnt be bothered in actually doing examples on the board. The equation is given as this:

f(t) = 2^t + t^2

Using the equation find the area under the curve between 0 and 1 using:

1) finding certain limits and

2) Fundamental theorem of calculus.

I know how to do 2 as integrating the equation yields 2^t/ln2 + t^3/3 and then sub in the numbers for 1 and 0 and subtract.

Problem is i cant do part 1! Can someone help me with this im desperate. My test is tomorrow!!! Your contribution is much appreciated. Thanks
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Bees able to spot which flowers offer best rewards before landing
Classic Lewis Carroll character inspires new ecological model
When cooperation counts: Researchers find sperm benefit from grouping together in mice
mbisCool
May6-09, 02:46 PM
P: 136
Riemann sum?
qntty
May6-09, 02:56 PM
P: 290
[tex]\int_a^b{f(x)}\, \text{d}x = \lim_{n \to \infty}{\sum_{i=1}^n{f(x_i)} \Delta x[/tex]

Is the definition of an definite integral. If she said to find the limit then it seems like she doesn't want you to estimate with a large n value, but to actually find the limit of the sum.

Register to reply