Register to reply

Need advice on how to effectively cram a month's worth of material

by TehGao
Tags: advice, cram, effectively, material
Share this thread:
TehGao
Oct4-09, 12:51 AM
P: 6
Hi, this semester in uni I took a very overwhelming load of technical/problem solving courses. I ended up dropping two courses and now I have a pretty light load. The problem is my bad habits lead me to procrastinate heavily on my studies for the first month of the semester. Luckily, I feel the material isn't too sophisticated because it's only the first couple of chapters in the textbook. The courses I need to cram for are Ordinary Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, and Physics (electricomagnetism - honours sophomore level course using vector calc)

Any advice on how to cram a months worth of study in a week or so? Anyone gone through such any experience? Please share any experiences and advice you may have.

Thanks- any response would be greatly appreciated.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
World's largest solar boat on Greek prehistoric mission
Google searches hold key to future market crashes
Mineral magic? Common mineral capable of making and breaking bonds
Vanadium 50
Oct4-09, 02:46 AM
Mentor
P: 16,169
This will not be easy. If it were possible to effectively learn the material in 1/4 of the time, college would be only one year long.
fluidistic
Oct4-09, 11:04 AM
PF Gold
P: 3,188
Anyone gone through such any experience? Please share any experiences and advice you may have.
I've been through such an experience. I had to cram 1 year and a half in 7 months. That was in the last year of high school. I did pretty bad as many members of my family expected. I was pretty confident in myself : way too much in fact.
So I had to retake the last year and I made through it.

The only advice I can give you is : do many exercises/problems everyday.
I don't know if you can study the 3 courses everyday or you need different days for the different courses. Think about it, and do not lose a single day not studying. You're lucky enough that a week won't probably cause you a study burnout.

I know by personal experience that if it would be me, I wouldn't be able to cram a month of material in a week, when the courses are the ones you provided. At best I could know about the main ideas, but no details nor a lot of exercises done.
Good luck!

Register to reply