Need advice on how to effectively cram a month's worth of material

by TehGao
Tags: advice, cram, effectively, material
TehGao
Oct4-09, 12:51 AM
P: 6
Hi, this semester in uni I took a very overwhelming load of technical/problem solving courses. I ended up dropping two courses and now I have a pretty light load. The problem is my bad habits lead me to procrastinate heavily on my studies for the first month of the semester. Luckily, I feel the material isn't too sophisticated because it's only the first couple of chapters in the textbook. The courses I need to cram for are Ordinary Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, and Physics (electricomagnetism - honours sophomore level course using vector calc)

Any advice on how to cram a months worth of study in a week or so? Anyone gone through such any experience? Please share any experiences and advice you may have.

Thanks- any response would be greatly appreciated.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Better thermal-imaging lens from waste sulfur
Hackathon team's GoogolPlex gives Siri extra powers
Bright points in Sun's atmosphere mark patterns deep in its interior
Vanadium 50
Oct4-09, 02:46 AM
Mentor
P: 15,571
This will not be easy. If it were possible to effectively learn the material in 1/4 of the time, college would be only one year long.
fluidistic
Oct4-09, 11:04 AM
PF Gold
P: 3,173
Anyone gone through such any experience? Please share any experiences and advice you may have.
I've been through such an experience. I had to cram 1 year and a half in 7 months. That was in the last year of high school. I did pretty bad as many members of my family expected. I was pretty confident in myself : way too much in fact.
So I had to retake the last year and I made through it.

The only advice I can give you is : do many exercises/problems everyday.
I don't know if you can study the 3 courses everyday or you need different days for the different courses. Think about it, and do not lose a single day not studying. You're lucky enough that a week won't probably cause you a study burnout.

I know by personal experience that if it would be me, I wouldn't be able to cram a month of material in a week, when the courses are the ones you provided. At best I could know about the main ideas, but no details nor a lot of exercises done.
Good luck!

Register to reply