Register to reply

Of the three main sciences: physics, bio and chem which did YOU find hardest

by crazco
Tags: chem, hardest, main, physics, sciences
Share this thread:
crazco
Feb16-10, 05:28 PM
P: 15
i wonder if many people like me and think it physics that very hard and bio easiest.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Climate change increases risk of crop slowdown in next 20 years
Researcher part of team studying ways to better predict intensity of hurricanes
New molecule puts scientists a step closer to understanding hydrogen storage
Phyisab****
Feb16-10, 08:02 PM
P: 592
I'm guessing most people will agree. Physics and math are difficult because they actually test your ability to think and learn. Many subjects just test your discipline, and not at a very high level.
story645
Feb16-10, 08:11 PM
P: 670
Quote Quote by crazco View Post
i wonder if many people like me and think it physics that very hard and bio easiest.
I might be the odd person out then, 'cause chemistry's always been my worst subject (of the three), probably 'cause I couldn't relate stuff back to the physical world quite so easily as with the other two fields.

rootX
Feb16-10, 08:14 PM
P: 1,294
Of the three main sciences: physics, bio and chem which did YOU find hardest

Chem and bio
Mororvia
Feb16-10, 08:17 PM
P: 262
I'm not a fan of chemistry... at least, not the homework and tests
Proton Soup
Feb16-10, 10:16 PM
P: 1,070
i think it probably depends on how your brain is wired, which you find easier. is your brain left/masculine, or right/feminine, or somewhere in between? i would expect physics to be the most left/masculine, bio the most right/feminine, and chemistry in the middle, requiring more balance of the two thinking styles.
story645
Feb16-10, 10:29 PM
Quote Quote by Proton Soup View Post
is your brain left/masculine, or right/feminine, or somewhere in between
Female here, always rocked out bio and do well enough in physics to be finishing an engineering degree, never managed chemistry quite as well. I think some people just don't lean towards some fields and that's about it. And generally I'm the biggest cheerleader for/participant in inter-disciplinary stuff, so I don't think it's the left/right divide either.
Proton Soup
Feb16-10, 10:36 PM
P: 1,070
Quote Quote by story645 View Post
Female here, always rocked out bio and do well enough in physics to be finishing an engineering degree, never managed chemistry quite as well. I think some people just don't lean towards some fields and that's about it. And generally I'm the biggest cheerleader for/participant in inter-disciplinary stuff, so I don't think it's the left/right divide either.
that's an interesting combination. are you in bioengineering?
bassplayer142
Feb16-10, 10:41 PM
P: 422
It has to do with how much you enjoy the subject. I've always hated english so I did poorly even though my engineering classes are probably 5x1 workload more. If you don't enjoy it, you don't pay attention or love to learn. So you do bad... This is why my gpa actually is raising when I do high level engineering instead of gen eds.
story645
Feb16-10, 10:59 PM
Quote Quote by Proton Soup View Post
are you in bioengineering?
Computer engineering, where girls are few and far between. I also have enough credits for a major in psychology, am a writing tutor, and will hopefully be starting a PhD in computer science next year. It works really well together if you think about it hard enough. And way back when I started, I wanted to make electronic children's toys.
ideasrule
Feb16-10, 11:09 PM
HW Helper
P: 2,323
Biology. No contest. How do people manage to memorize the functionality of the components of the nephron or the functions of glucocorticoids without getting major headaches?
rootX
Feb16-10, 11:16 PM
P: 1,294
Quote Quote by story645 View Post
Computer engineering, where girls are few and far between. I also have enough credits for a major in psychology, am a writing tutor, and will hopefully be starting a PhD in computer science next year. It works really well together if you think about it hard enough. And way back when I started, I wanted to make electronic children's toys.
I thought most people come to Comp/Elec to avoid Chemistry/Biology.

I hate Bio/Chem passionately without any reason. I neither like pure math or physics but tend to work backwards from an application problem towards the theory.

Register to reply