Register to reply

Need help with momentum

by noname1
Tags: momentum
Share this thread:
noname1
Mar3-10, 08:55 PM
P: 129
The figure below gives an overhead view of the path taken by a 0.165 kg cue ball as it bounces from the rail of a pool table. The ball's initial speed is 2.00 m/s, and the angle θ1 = 30.0. The bounce reverses the y component of the ball's velocity but does not alter the x component.

(b) What is the change in the ball's linear momentum in unit-vector notation? (The fact that the ball rolls is irrelevant to the question.)

I tried solving the one that wrong by 2*0.165*2*cos(30) = -5.72j but when i submit the answer is saying its wrong

what am i doing wrong
Attached Thumbnails
hrw7_9-47.gif  
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
Delphi51
Mar3-10, 10:39 PM
HW Helper
P: 3,394
Looks okay to me.
joriarty
Mar4-10, 12:18 AM
P: 62
Check your calculation, you seem to be out by an order of magnitude.

[tex]2\cdot 0.165\cdot 2\cdot \cos \left( 30 \right)=0.5716[/tex]

Register to reply