Register to reply

Universe contained in another universe

by Tungamirai
Tags: universe
Share this thread:
Tungamirai
Aug8-10, 01:02 AM
P: 11
Can our universe be contained in another universe , can our universe contain another universe , basically can universes contain or be contained in other universes,
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Fungus deadly to AIDS patients found to grow on trees
Canola genome sequence reveals evolutionary 'love triangle'
Scientists uncover clues to role of magnetism in iron-based superconductors
I_am_learning
Aug8-10, 01:22 AM
P: 669
We will never know, because Everything that can ever be detected by us is considered to be in our universe!
What do you think is the definition of universe?
Austin0
Aug8-10, 01:26 AM
P: 1,162
Quote Quote by thecritic View Post
We will never know, because Everything that can ever be detected by us is considered to be in our universe!
What do you think is the definition of universe?
But do you think that everything that can be detected i.e. observed,,, constitutes the entirety of our universe?? Or is our visable universe just a subsection of a larger one?

I_am_learning
Aug8-10, 01:37 AM
P: 669
Universe contained in another universe

Quote Quote by Austin0 View Post
But do you think that everything that can be detected i.e. observed,,, constitutes the entirety of our universe?? Or is our visable universe just a subsection of a larger one?
I would go with the former. But I don't know what the mainstream scientists believe.
Tungamirai
Aug8-10, 03:54 AM
P: 11
i would define universe as the entire space in which time exists for a certain group or type of matter/particle/anything that can interact with something else. I think universes might be overlapping each other

Register to reply