Register to reply

Finding Instantaneous acceleration from a velocity-time graph

Share this thread:
MitsuShai
Aug31-10, 03:23 PM
P: 161
Graph: http://s324.photobucket.com/albums/k...nt=Capture.jpg
What is the instantaneous acceleration at t2 = 31 s?

I know that the instantaneous acceleration is the slope of the tangent of that point and yes I do know I have to convert it to (m/s^2). But I am still not getting the right answers. Here are a list of answers I imputed and they are all wrong:

on the first few, I forgot to convert. I used 58/31 the last time.....

The question had parts to it, but I don't know if they are necessary to solve this problem...here it is anyways:
A) Compute the average acceleration during the time interval t = 0s to t = 10s. 1.7
B) Compute the average acceleration during the time interval t = 30s to t = 40s. -1.7
C) Compute the average acceleration during the time interval t = 10s to t = 30s. 0
What is the instantaneous acceleration at t1 = 29 s. 0
I already computed this and got them right.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists discover RNA modifications in some unexpected places
Scientists discover tropical tree microbiome in Panama
'Squid skin' metamaterials project yields vivid color display
Whitishcube
Aug31-10, 03:35 PM
P: 83
It looks like its either going to be 0 or its going to be at that corner, where the rate of change is not going to be defined.
MitsuShai
Aug31-10, 03:50 PM
Quote Quote by Whitishcube View Post
It looks like its either going to be 0 or its going to be at that corner, where the rate of change is not going to be defined.
I put zero and it was wrong and I don't think undefined is an appropriate answer because 30 is exactly at that corner and it has an acceleration, which I used to solve part B with.

MitsuShai
Sep2-10, 04:58 PM
Finding Instantaneous acceleration from a velocity-time graph

Graph: http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k...XE/Capture.jpg
MitsuShai
Sep2-10, 07:42 PM
nevermind I got it now.

Register to reply