Quantum Physics: Move of a Particle

• Thread starter nitrium
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Particle
In summary, the conversation discusses the trajectory of a photon in relation to the concept of a fourth dimension. The speaker believes that this fourth dimension interacts with particles and can affect their properties, leading to a sinusoidal trajectory for photons. The speaker also mentions the possibility of creating a mass by manipulating these properties. The provided link discusses electromagnetic radiation and the presence of magnetic and electric fields in photons.
nitrium
Hello,

I am a Msc Computer Engineer who is dealing with physics as a hobby. I have read some books about quantum physics. But I am not technically professional on equations and general scope of quantum physics. I was recently thinking of why a photon is moving a sinusodial trajectory in space. If the space is in 3 dimension, a single particle should move on a linear trajectory. I strongly believe that the space has a forth dimension which is a spehere at every (x,y,z) points. and this dimension interacts with some particels such as photos by chaging its directions. And every particle (some people may call it a string from superstring theory) has two property P1 and P2. If P1 of the particle is high the 4th dimension will change its direction much, if P2 is high but this time the dimension will respond in change less. P1 will affect amplitude of the particle and P2 will affect the wavelenght. I cannot state what i think in equations but i believe the tracjectory of a photon under these circumstances is like the image below

http://www.buyutec.net/data/media/88/yay.jpg

By this approach, if P2 is too high thus making the wavelength of a photon zero will lead to the creation of a mass. Close string

Is there any known issue like this approach?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi,
Please look in this link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_radiation
The sinusoidal is just a rough idea. However, in reality photon is magnetic and electric fields perpendicular to the direction of travel. So the red and blue arrow are those fields and the tip of the arrow heads form a sinusoidal (when you smoothly join all arrow heads and removing the arrows you will get sinusoidal image).

1. What is quantum physics?

Quantum physics is the branch of physics that studies the behavior and interactions of particles on a microscopic scale, such as atoms and subatomic particles.

2. How does quantum physics explain the movement of a particle?

According to quantum mechanics, the movement of a particle is described by a wave function that gives the probability of finding the particle at a particular location. The particle can exist in multiple places at the same time until it is measured or observed.

3. What is the uncertainty principle in quantum physics?

The uncertainty principle states that it is impossible to know both the exact position and velocity of a particle at the same time. As the accuracy of one measurement increases, the accuracy of the other decreases.

4. How does quantum entanglement work?

Quantum entanglement is a phenomenon in which two particles become connected in a way that their states are dependent on each other, even when separated by long distances. This connection allows for instantaneous communication between the particles, regardless of the distance between them.

5. How is quantum physics being applied in technology?

Quantum physics has many practical applications, including the development of quantum computers, which can perform calculations much faster than classical computers. It is also used in technologies such as quantum cryptography, quantum sensors, and quantum imaging.