Register to reply

Deja Vu

by encorp
Tags: deja
Share this thread:
encorp
Dec25-10, 05:18 PM
P: 27
Not really sure where to put this, please advise if I've dropped it in the incorrect forum.

The last year or so I've been experiencing FAR greater in number and more intense feelings of Deja Vu. I, like most people got them about as often as anyone else I'd imagine up until about a year ago.

I'm not really thinking it means too much to be honest but I'm curious why they would come about more frequently and what might cause them to feel more "intense" from a physiological point of view.

The last year I definitely experienced the most personal growth out of my 28 years alive. I experienced a lot of things that really helped me grow and change. Most people who know me have said I've "really finally come into my own" so to speak.

I guess maybe I'm just more aware of these deja vu's etc. I just find it interesting that I could go from what I'd think the odd experience a few times a year to 3-5 a week.

Anyways, feel free to share your experiences with the phenomenon as well if you wish. It's a pretty neat thing if you ask me!
Phys.Org News Partner Medical research news on Phys.org
Doctors urge meningitis shots for vulnerable infants, children
Preemies may have higher risk of blood clots, even as adults
Tonsillectomy for sleep apnea may trigger weight gain
mugaliens
Dec25-10, 06:02 PM
P: 595
Was it the same cat, or one that looked just like it?
Averagesupernova
Dec25-10, 07:38 PM
P: 2,499
I've experienced it almost to the point of being able to predict what was going to happen next. Doesn't happen as much as it used to.

Evo
Dec25-10, 08:39 PM
Mentor
P: 26,460
Deja Vu

Any sudden changes like this could be a sign of a neurological problem, you should see a doctor.
Proton Soup
Dec25-10, 10:52 PM
P: 1,070
i experienced deja vu much more when i was younger (teens). maybe there is something to the rewiring.
encorp
Dec26-10, 03:09 AM
P: 27
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Any sudden changes like this could be a sign of a neurological problem, you should see a doctor.
Well don't scare me! hahaha
SeeFeelTime
Dec26-10, 11:01 AM
P: 8
I've experienced deja vu so strong I would be able to say what the person was going to say as they said it. It'd freak my friends out.

I never experience it anymore.
Dadface
Dec26-10, 11:35 AM
PF Gold
P: 2,009
This is strange.Haven't I read this thread before?
TattooLeah
Dec30-10, 10:56 AM
P: 3
I too have a lot of experiences with this, it can be very intense and seems to last for long (ish) periods, say 10 + mins, I mention it to my husband when it happens, tell him when it starts and tell him it isn't shaking off, that it definitely feels I have done exactly the same before and feel I know what's coming. I had always been under the impression (although not sure where I had heard or read about it), that it was caused by the the brain momentarily shutting down (that is probably a terrible way to phrase it) and then when it switches back on it gives you the feeling of having been in that situation before. From what has been wrote earlier does this mean I'm very far off the mark?
Lievo
Dec30-10, 02:03 PM
P: 268
As Evo said, any sudden change like this could be a sign of a neurological problem. You should see a doctor.

Register to reply