Register to reply

What types of jobs with an Associates in Engineering

by eastburn1224
Tags: associates, engineering, jobs, types
Share this thread:
eastburn1224
Feb1-11, 12:22 PM
P: 1
In May I will be graduating from a local community college with an associates in general engineering. I will be moving onto a four year school to finish my BS (most likely Temple University). Now my question is, are there any jobs that you could get with only an associates while I continuing my education. I will most likely be focusing on either Civil or Mechanical. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Apple to unveil 'iWatch' on September 9
NASA deep-space rocket, SLS, to launch in 2018
Study examines 13,000-year-old nanodiamonds from multiple locations across three continents
byodog
Feb5-11, 12:54 PM
P: 1
I also would like to know, I am just a few classes away from getting my Associates in Electrical Engineering. I have a Diploma in Industrial Electricity and have been working in industrial maintenance for 12 yrs. and am currently and electrical technician (10 yrs. multi-skilled and the last 2 yrs. strictly electrical due to a job change). I have returned to school to get my AAS in EE, so I would really like to know what possibilities lay ahead.
SuperjetMatt
Feb14-11, 10:54 AM
P: 8
In my own personal experience, Associate Degrees are nearly worthless unless you want to be a Tech.
I went for an Associate of Applied Science in Electrical Engineering Technology over 10 years ago because I didn't know any better. I got a job doing technical writing that paid well, but really wasn't all that related to EE. And I really didn't like the job. I later got an engineering technician job that was a lot more fun, but didn't pay squat.
I kept going to school part time and finally got my BSEE last year. I wish I had skipped the AAS degree and went straight for the Bachelor's.

Register to reply