Register to reply

What types of jobs with an Associates in Engineering

by eastburn1224
Tags: associates, engineering, jobs, types
Share this thread:
eastburn1224
Feb1-11, 12:22 PM
P: 1
In May I will be graduating from a local community college with an associates in general engineering. I will be moving onto a four year school to finish my BS (most likely Temple University). Now my question is, are there any jobs that you could get with only an associates while I continuing my education. I will most likely be focusing on either Civil or Mechanical. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
NASA team lays plans to observe new worlds
IHEP in China has ambitions for Higgs factory
Spinach could lead to alternative energy more powerful than Popeye
byodog
Feb5-11, 12:54 PM
P: 1
I also would like to know, I am just a few classes away from getting my Associates in Electrical Engineering. I have a Diploma in Industrial Electricity and have been working in industrial maintenance for 12 yrs. and am currently and electrical technician (10 yrs. multi-skilled and the last 2 yrs. strictly electrical due to a job change). I have returned to school to get my AAS in EE, so I would really like to know what possibilities lay ahead.
SuperjetMatt
Feb14-11, 10:54 AM
P: 8
In my own personal experience, Associate Degrees are nearly worthless unless you want to be a Tech.
I went for an Associate of Applied Science in Electrical Engineering Technology over 10 years ago because I didn't know any better. I got a job doing technical writing that paid well, but really wasn't all that related to EE. And I really didn't like the job. I later got an engineering technician job that was a lot more fun, but didn't pay squat.
I kept going to school part time and finally got my BSEE last year. I wish I had skipped the AAS degree and went straight for the Bachelor's.

Register to reply