What kinds of jobs can a vibration engineer with this experience?

In summary, the speaker has been searching for a job for their father, who has over 20 years of experience as a director of a vibration analysis and diagnosis company and as a mechanical engineer teacher and research member. He specializes in maintenance predictive, rotordynamics, balancing of turbines, modal analysis of vibrations, laser alignment of machines in gas and steam, and analysis of neutronic noise in nuclear reactors. The father is interested in freelancing and is not looking for a full-time job. The speaker is unsure of whether to attach the father's CV and is seeking advice due to their lack of familiarity with forum rules. However, without information on the father's current and desired location, specific advice cannot be given on forming his own company or obtaining credentials
Smitnak
Hello guys, I've been searching job to my father. Because the economical situation of the country he wants to find a foreign job.

-He has 20+ years working as an director of vibration analysis and diagnosis company who himself founded.
-He has 20+ years working as mechanical engineer teacher and research member of mechanical vibration group.

He specializes in:
-Maintenence Predictive
-Rotordynamics
-Balancing of Turbines
-Modal Analysis of vibrations
-Laser alignment of machine in gas and steam
-Analysis of neutronic noise in nuclear reactor

He wants to work as freelancer and not in a full-time company sedentary job. I don't know if I should attach his CV because I am not familiar with this forum rules. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Since you didn't say what country he is in, or what country he wants tp go to, you're not going to get very specific advice. I've never heard of "vibration engineer" as a separate thing. Forming his own company as a foreigner is easier in some countries than other. Getting credentialed in the new country may be simple...or virtually impossible.

1. What industries can a vibration engineer work in?

A vibration engineer can work in a variety of industries, such as aerospace, automotive, construction, energy, and manufacturing. They may also work in research and development, consulting, or government agencies.

2. What types of jobs can a vibration engineer do?

A vibration engineer can perform various roles, including designing and testing equipment, analyzing data and performance, troubleshooting and resolving issues, conducting research, and developing new technologies.

3. What skills are necessary for a vibration engineer?

To be a successful vibration engineer, one must have a strong background in mechanical engineering, physics, and mathematics. They should also possess analytical, problem-solving, and technical skills, as well as knowledge of vibration analysis techniques and software.

4. What level of experience is typically required for a vibration engineer?

The level of experience required for a vibration engineer can vary depending on the job and industry. Typically, a bachelor's or master's degree in mechanical engineering or a related field is required, and some positions may require additional experience or a professional engineering license.

5. What is the job outlook for vibration engineers?

The job outlook for vibration engineers is positive, with expected growth in demand for professionals in this field. As technology continues to advance, there is a growing need for vibration engineers to design and test equipment for various industries, ensuring their safety and efficiency.