Thred deleted with no notice to the posters?

• Complaint
  • Thread starter I_am_learning
  • Start date
In summary, a new user posted a thread in Electrical Engineering about transformers, but it was deleted because it was deemed spam. The user who responded had a feeling that the thread was not legitimate and discovered that the posts were copies of questions from other websites. The user believes that the original poster should have been informed about the deletion.
I_am_learning
Yesterday, a new guy was posting some threads in Electrical Engineering one of which was regarding transformers. I got interested in it and had posted a line. The question seemed ununderstandable to me. Is that the reason why it was deleted?
I don't care if its deleted for some reasons, but I was in view that atleast the posters should be informed so that they don't keep searching it.

Physics news on Phys.org
It wasn't a real poster, it was just a spammer.

I see. I had a feel for it. It (we use 'it' for spammer) was posting too many threads.

His posts were copies of questions posted on other sites, like eng-tips.com.

Try this google search to see for yourself.

What does it mean when a thread is deleted with no notice to the posters?

When a thread is deleted with no notice to the posters, it means that the post or entire thread has been removed from a forum or discussion board without any prior notification to the individuals who posted in it. This can be due to a violation of the forum's rules or guidelines, or at the discretion of the forum moderators.

Why would a thread be deleted without any notice?

A thread may be deleted without notice if it violates the forum's rules or guidelines, such as containing inappropriate content or spam. It may also be deleted if it is deemed irrelevant or off-topic by the forum moderators.

Is it common for threads to be deleted without notice?

It depends on the forum or discussion board. Some forums have strict rules and guidelines that are strictly enforced, so it is more common for threads to be deleted without notice. However, in other forums, moderators may give a warning or notice before deleting a thread.

How can I prevent my thread from being deleted without notice?

To prevent your thread from being deleted without notice, make sure to read and follow the forum's rules and guidelines. Avoid posting inappropriate or irrelevant content, and be respectful of other members. If you have any questions or concerns, you can also reach out to the forum moderators for clarification.

What should I do if my thread is deleted without notice?

If your thread is deleted without notice, you can reach out to the forum moderators to ask for an explanation. They may provide a reason for the deletion or offer suggestions on how to improve your future posts. It's important to remain respectful and follow the forum's rules when communicating with the moderators.