What is the alternate universe theory regarding infinite extent and black holes?

In summary, the alternate universe theory proposed in this conversation suggests that the universe is infinite and without boundaries. The remnants of the big bang that we see are only the past horizon. Black holes, specifically those in the center of galaxies, are not defined by the mass of all matter they have absorbed, but by the matter within the event horizon in transit to the singularity. This singularity is not a defined object and destroys all dimensions as it is approached, resulting in the reformation of matter and energy into an excited vacuum throughout the universe. This may account for the missing 90% of mass. The red-shift can be explained by light losing energy as it travels through the excited vacuum, leading to the formation of subparticles and hydrogen atoms
Glok
I'm going to try to present an alternate universe theory in this post. If I miss an important detail, please point it out. :)

Ok, First part is that the universe is infinite in extent, there is no boundary. What we see as remnants of the big bang is merely the past horizon.

Black holes, especially the ones in the center of galaxies, are not defined by the mass of all matter they have absorbed, but by the matter that is within the event horizon in transit to the 'singularity'. This singularity is not an actual defineable object, and not only is 4d space destroyed in it, but all dimensions are destroyed as the singularity is neared. This results in an effect where all the matter and energy that get sufficiently close to the singularity is reformed into an excited vacuum throughout the universe. (Is this somewhat like a klein bottle?)

This is another part of the theory. All this matter that has actually been reformed is still 'out there' somewhere. This might account for the missing 90% of mass.

Now, the red-shift. As light travels through sufficiently empty space that the excited vacuum is nearly the only 'matter', it perturbs it, and very slowly loses energy as a result of this. The perturbations lead to the formation of the smallest subparticles, which for the most part combine to form hydrogen atoms. (I am assuming an assymetry between particles and anti-particles here). The measured temperature of the CBR may be a function of the minimum energy for new particle formation. This hydrogen drifts towards the most attractive galaxy, often clumping together in transit, forming nebulas. I think a formation of a new galaxy is also possible by this.

What we end up with is a steady-state, yet eternally changing universe, where a trillion years to any observer that could make observations over that time period would completely change the structures seen. Yet they would still see a horizon at ~15 billion light years, beyond which no definition can be seen aside from the cosmic backround radiation.

I fear I didn't explain this too well, I welcome questions. Tear it apart if you wish also. :)

Last edited:
Space news on Phys.org
so, you don't believe that the universe is expanding?
also, how do you explain the horizon problem?

Originally posted by meteor
so, you don't believe that the universe is expanding?
Nope.
also, how do you explain the horizon problem?
All light is drained in transit from the most distant light sources to about the measured temperature and wavelength of the CBR. Also, the variations in the CBR can easily be explained by the existence of intervening matter such as nearer galaxies and nebulae/dust clouds.

Last edited:
Hi glok
Black holes, especially the ones in the center of galaxies, are not defined by the mass of all matter they have absorbed, but by the matter that is within the event horizon in transit to the 'singularity'.

I think that you are referring here to the Bekenstein-Hawking formula that says that the entropy of a BH is proportional to the area of the event horizon, no?
This singularity is not an actual defineable object
Then what is it??
This results in an effect where all the matter and energy that get sufficiently close to the singularity is reformed into an excited vacuum throughout the universe. (Is this somewhat like a klein bottle?)
Are you suggesting that a wormhole connects the singularity with other part of the universe?
The perturbations lead to the formation of the smallest subparticles,
What subparticles, concretelly?
What we end up with is a solid-state, yet eternally changing universe
Hey, do you mean "steady-state", no?

Welcome to Physics Forums, Glok.
New/alternative theories are presented in the Theory Development forum.
...moving this topic...

Originally posted by meteor
I think that you are referring here to the Bekenstein-Hawking formula that says that the entropy of a BH is proportional to the area of the event horizon, no?
Not really, that theory assumes full retention of ALL matter that falls into a black hole. The matter I refer to is in transit. But I suppose if you look at it a certain way, yes. :)
Then what is it?
It is the defined center of the black hole, there is not actually anything there.
Are you suggesting that a wormhole connects the singularity with other part of the universe?
Yes exactly. But that is another part of the theory I didn't mention. The 'exit' end of a wormhole is everywhere, and it destroys the structure of all that passes through it.
What subparticles, concretelly?
Any subparticle that is a fundamental one, ie that has no particles that combine to make it. This is just an assumption on my part though... I suppose any combined particle, even whole atoms, could be formed.
Hey, do you mean "steady-state", no?
Yeah, my mistake.

Nobody has given any opinions or faults to this theory... just remember, all current theories on the nature of the universe are exactly that. Theories. I don't see how mine is any less valid, unless someone can point out a fatal flaw.

Last edited:
Yipe. No replies is worse than negative ones. Maybe the problem is there just isn't anything verifiable, and by extension, arguable about my theory? I'm sure some perceptive people here have problems with this theory, could you humor me and point out the glaringly obvious faults?

our universe is infinite but it has a finite visible portion that we cannot see beyond

1. What is the alternate universe theory?

The alternate universe theory, also known as the multiverse theory, proposes that there are potentially infinite universes beyond our own. Each of these universes may have its own set of physical laws and may exist parallel to our own.

2. How does the alternate universe theory explain the existence of multiple versions of ourselves?

The alternate universe theory suggests that every time a decision is made, the universe splits into different branches, with each possible outcome being realized in a different universe. This means that there could be infinite versions of ourselves in different universes, each living a slightly different life based on the choices they have made.

3. Is there any scientific evidence to support the alternate universe theory?

While there is currently no concrete evidence for the existence of alternate universes, the theory is based on mathematical equations and principles of quantum mechanics. Some scientists also argue that the theory could potentially explain certain unexplained phenomena, such as the mysterious behavior of subatomic particles.

4. Could we ever travel to alternate universes?

As of now, there is no known way to physically travel to alternate universes. However, some scientists speculate that it may be possible in the future through advanced technology or by harnessing the power of black holes, which are thought to be portals to other universes.

5. Are there any potential consequences or dangers associated with the existence of alternate universes?

The existence of alternate universes is purely theoretical at this point, so it is difficult to predict any potential consequences. However, some scientists have raised concerns about the possibility of accidentally causing a collapse of the multiverse if we were to somehow interact with other universes. Others argue that the existence of alternate universes could have profound implications for our understanding of reality and our place in the universe.