Requesting a mathematics book

by Monster92
Tags: book, mathematics, requesting
Monster92
Aug28-11, 03:52 PM
P: 43
ok, so I'm about to start a computer science degree course. One of the entry requirements for mathematics is a C or above at GCSE. Now, I want to prepare myself mathematically for this course. I haven't done maths in a long while. The link below shows the general content of the course. I want to find a book introducing mathematics in general or/and mathematics relating to computer science.

http://www.cems.uwe.ac.uk/exist/stud....xql?code=G400

Now, I have found one book I have brought 'Schaum's Outline of Essential Computer Mathematics'

A second book would be grand! Thank you for your time.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Better thermal-imaging lens from waste sulfur
Hackathon team's GoogolPlex gives Siri extra powers
Bright points in Sun's atmosphere mark patterns deep in its interior
Petek
Aug28-11, 05:51 PM
P: 360
Take a look at the description and reviews on Amazon of Concrete Mathematics: A Foundation for Computer Science.
doodle_sack
Aug28-11, 09:35 PM
P: 69
Concrete Mathematics is an excellent book written by the same professor who wrote The Art of Computer Programming - an algorithm bible. Nevertheless, I wouldn't suggest you Concrete Mathematics at this point of time, on the other hand, I would recommend you to take a look at this one - Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications by Kenneth H. Rosen, if you feel comfortable with that then you can move on to some pretty advanced books like Concrete Math. Good luck!

Register to reply