Register to reply

First post

by senseless
Tags: None
Share this thread:
senseless
Aug30-11, 11:05 AM
P: n/a
How long will it take until my first post appears? I posted it a few days or a week ago but I haven't seen it pop up in the forums yet. It said it was held for moderator approval.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Mysterious source of ozone-depleting chemical baffles NASA
Water leads to chemical that gunks up biofuels production
How lizards regenerate their tails: Researchers discover genetic 'recipe'
berkeman
Aug30-11, 11:50 AM
Mentor
P: 40,932
I see your post in the Moderation Queue from August 27. It was automatically placed there by the forum software, probably because of the profanity in it or because it is highly speculative. Neither is allowed at the PF.

I'll flag it for review by a physicist Mentor, and we'll see what they say about the post.
senseless
Aug30-11, 06:18 PM
Ah, ok thanks!

It was just a silly joke.

berkeman
Aug30-11, 06:24 PM
Mentor
P: 40,932
First post

Quote Quote by senseless View Post
Ah, ok thanks!

It was just a silly joke.
What was a silly joke? The (small) profanity, or the speculation in the post?
senseless
Aug30-11, 06:28 PM
The small profanity.

I spent over a day non-stop researching the idea trying to figure out why it wouldn't work (After spending multiple days researching atomic batteries. I run my own business and work from home, which means I do about 1 hour of actual work a day). I've got a BA in comp engineering (fancy term for programmer) and I also ran the idea through my dad who has a BA in EE. Neither of us could find anything really wrong with the idea that would prevent it from working.

The idea behind the post, I know it wouldn't work because the idea is too simple (Someone else would've invented it already). I just can't figure out why it wouldn't work and was hoping someone would explain it to me.

Register to reply