Waiting for Approval: How Long Until My First Post Appears?

• Thread starter senseless
  • Start date
In summary, the user's post was placed in the Moderation Queue on August 27 due to profanity and speculation, which are not allowed on the forum. The post was flagged for review by a physicist Mentor. The user later clarified that the profanity was just a silly joke. The user spent a significant amount of time researching the idea and consulted with their father, who has a BA in EE, but they were unable to find any major flaws with the idea. The user was hoping for an explanation as to why the idea may not work, as they believe it is too simple and someone else would have already invented it if it was possible.
senseless
How long will it take until my first post appears? I posted it a few days or a week ago but I haven't seen it pop up in the forums yet. It said it was held for moderator approval.

Physics news on Phys.org
I see your post in the Moderation Queue from August 27. It was automatically placed there by the forum software, probably because of the profanity in it or because it is highly speculative. Neither is allowed at the PF.

I'll flag it for review by a physicist Mentor, and we'll see what they say about the post.

Ah, ok thanks!

It was just a silly joke.

senseless said:
Ah, ok thanks!

It was just a silly joke.

What was a silly joke? The (small) profanity, or the speculation in the post?

The small profanity.

I spent over a day non-stop researching the idea trying to figure out why it wouldn't work (After spending multiple days researching atomic batteries. I run my own business and work from home, which means I do about 1 hour of actual work a day). I've got a BA in comp engineering (fancy term for programmer) and I also ran the idea through my dad who has a BA in EE. Neither of us could find anything really wrong with the idea that would prevent it from working.

The idea behind the post, I know it wouldn't work because the idea is too simple (Someone else would've invented it already). I just can't figure out why it wouldn't work and was hoping someone would explain it to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

What is the typical waiting time for a first post to appear?

The typical waiting time for a first post to appear can vary depending on the platform or website you are using. Generally, it can range from a few minutes to a few hours. It is best to check the website's specific guidelines or contact their support team for a more accurate estimate.

Why does it take so long for my first post to appear?

The time it takes for a first post to appear can be influenced by a variety of factors such as the volume of posts being submitted, the website's review process, and any technical issues that may occur. It is also possible that your post may need to go through a moderation process before it is visible to others.

Can I speed up the process of getting my first post approved?

Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed way to speed up the process of getting your first post approved. However, you can ensure that your post follows the website's guidelines and community standards to increase the chances of it being approved in a timely manner.

Why was my first post not approved?

There could be several reasons why your first post was not approved. It may have violated the website's guidelines, contained inappropriate content, or the website's algorithm may have flagged it as spam. If you are unsure, you can reach out to the website's support team for more information.

What should I do if my first post is taking longer than expected to appear?

If your first post is taking longer than expected to appear, you can reach out to the website's support team for assistance. They may be able to provide more information on the status of your post or help troubleshoot any technical issues that may be delaying its approval.