Register to reply

English language undergrad courses in Europe (non-uk)

by nickbob00
Tags: abroad, europe, study, undergraduate
Share this thread:
nickbob00
Sep19-11, 11:26 AM
P: 37
Hi

I am a UK student and I'll be applying for undergrad physics courses in the UK and hopefully mainland Europe to start next September - just in time for the 9000/year fees to kick in! Most of my chosen UK courses are "Year in Europe" courses anyway, since I would like to study abroad anyway.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any decent/respected Physics courses (preferably with affordable fees) around Europe taught entirely in English. I speak French to a fair standard, but nowhere near well enough to study in it, and am willing/able to learn any language to the standard needed to survive in that country.

I am aware of the International Physics Study Programme in Leipzig, Germany and also of the more general sciences programme at University College Utrecht in the Netherlands.

I'm currently taking A levels in further maths, Physics and Chemistry, and last year I got an A* in A level Maths, and 3 As in AS Physics, Chemistry and Biology, so I'm hoping grades will not be much of an issue.

Thanks in advance,

Nick
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Fungus deadly to AIDS patients found to grow on trees
Canola genome sequence reveals evolutionary 'love triangle'
Scientists uncover clues to role of magnetism in iron-based superconductors
physiker_192
Sep19-11, 01:02 PM
P: 246
http://www.bachelorsportal.eu might be useful.

update: see also http://www.daad.de/deutschland/studi.../07535.en.html (international programmes = English programmes)
Note that for Germany, most universities are public and the tuition fees are in general 500eur (max) per semester, but this does not apply to Jacobs university which is a private institution.
streeters
Sep19-11, 02:30 PM
P: 221
Quote Quote by nickbob00 View Post
Hi

I am a UK student and I'll be applying for undergrad physics courses in the UK and hopefully mainland Europe to start next September - just in time for the 9000/year fees to kick in!
good for you! you and your year have been well and truly screwed over by the ConDems.

so, IRELAND - 2000 euro a year I think for EU students

Register to reply