Reviewing for intro PDEs

by anonymity
Tags: intro, pdes, reviewing
Share this thread:
anonymity
Oct13-11, 12:10 AM
P: 163
Hey everyone,

I'm taking intro ODEs right now, and am taking intro PDEs next semester. I would like to know what i should review from calc III for this course.

I took calc III over the summer at a community college and didn't learn very much, if i'm being honest with myself. I think I am good as far as anything from calc I or II goes, and from this intro course in DEs as well. The title of this post could more suitably be "What from calc III is used in an intro PDEs course?" (and PDEs in the more general sense -- I plan on taking much more applied math in the coming three years).

So, what is used in partial differential equations form the typical calculus III course?

Thanks in advance

anonymous
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Flapping baby birds give clues to origin of flight
Prions can trigger 'stuck' wine fermentations, researchers find
Socially-assistive robots help kids with autism learn by providing personalized prompts
Bacle2
Oct14-11, 08:28 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 1,170
It would be nice to take a look at the inverse function theorem, and at least understand what it says and how to use it; it is used often in coordinate changes. Also level curves, surfaces.

Register to reply