Where to look for the next neutrino...

by From_Above
Tags: energy, mass, model, neutrino, pattern
Share this thread:
From_Above
Jan22-12, 02:00 AM
P: 5
Hello,

My first post here, so please be gentle if I make mistakes of any kind...

Has anyone else noticed the relation between the mass under the standard model of the three known neutrinos?

When plotting the difference of mass between the "generations" on a (natural) logarithmic scale, they appear respectively at 4.5 and 6.7 (sorry if this might seem an unusual pattern, but funny things happen in nature - sometime)

Open for comments...

Thanks
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
New complex oxides could advance memory devices
Nature's designs inspire research into new light-based technologies
UCI team is first to capture motion of single molecule in real time
Vanadium 50
Jan22-12, 06:37 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 16,465
Since nobody has measured the neutrino masses, only their mass differences, your premise is incorrect.
From_Above
Jan22-12, 07:30 AM
So when they change "type" en-route, is it just spinning matter or what exactly?

Vanadium 50
Jan22-12, 09:19 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Where to look for the next neutrino...

That's a non-sequitur. You made the assumption that the masses were well-known. That assumption is incorrect.
From_Above
Jan22-12, 09:56 AM
well, I just hope that the mass of light will not surprise you :-)
Vanadium 50
Jan22-12, 10:05 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Please reread the PF Rules on Overly Speculative Posts.

Register to reply