Register to reply

Should I Double Major Physics?

by nici
Tags: double, major, physics
Share this thread:
nici
Jan31-12, 05:52 PM
P: 2
I am a Mechanical engineering student.This is my first year and i am thinking about doing a double major with physics.I am considering about double majoring with physics because i am interested about physics.I have second thoughts though.I have second thoughts because i am not sure how logical doing a double major with physics is and I don't know a job field that i can use these both majors together.Can you guys please help me? I don't know what to do.Should I double major with physics or not?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
'Smart material' chin strap harvests energy from chewing
King Richard III died painfully on battlefield
Capturing ancient Maya sites from both a rat's and a 'bat's eye view'
Mmm_Pasta
Jan31-12, 08:56 PM
P: 225
How interested are you in physics? A minor can be suitable for you if you just want to satisfy your curiosity.
nici
Feb1-12, 03:08 AM
P: 2
Quote Quote by Mmm_Pasta View Post
How interested are you in physics? A minor can be suitable for you if you just want to satisfy your curiosity.
Unfortunately there is no option as minor in my college.There is only double major.You have a point .I am thinking about double major because i want to satisfy my curiosity.İf there is a job field that i can use these both majors i will apply with no doubt.I just don't want to risk my GPA and waste my time just for curiosity.

wukunlin
Feb1-12, 03:36 AM
PF Gold
P: 346
Should I Double Major Physics?

if you don't really think majoring physics on top of engineering will help with your career, then i would recommended that you don't bother. Focusing on engineering and use online resources and maybe a few magazine subscriptions to satisfy your curiosity.

Register to reply