Should I Double Major Physics?

by nici
Tags: double, major, physics
nici
Jan31-12, 05:52 PM
P: 2
I am a Mechanical engineering student.This is my first year and i am thinking about doing a double major with physics.I am considering about double majoring with physics because i am interested about physics.I have second thoughts though.I have second thoughts because i am not sure how logical doing a double major with physics is and I don't know a job field that i can use these both majors together.Can you guys please help me? I don't know what to do.Should I double major with physics or not?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Simplicity is key to co-operative robots
Chemical vapor deposition used to grow atomic layer materials on top of each other
Earliest ancestor of land herbivores discovered
Mmm_Pasta
Jan31-12, 08:56 PM
P: 209
How interested are you in physics? A minor can be suitable for you if you just want to satisfy your curiosity.
nici
Feb1-12, 03:08 AM
P: 2
Quote Quote by Mmm_Pasta View Post
How interested are you in physics? A minor can be suitable for you if you just want to satisfy your curiosity.
Unfortunately there is no option as minor in my college.There is only double major.You have a point .I am thinking about double major because i want to satisfy my curiosity.İf there is a job field that i can use these both majors i will apply with no doubt.I just don't want to risk my GPA and waste my time just for curiosity.

wukunlin
Feb1-12, 03:36 AM
PF Gold
P: 340

Should I Double Major Physics?

if you don't really think majoring physics on top of engineering will help with your career, then i would recommended that you don't bother. Focusing on engineering and use online resources and maybe a few magazine subscriptions to satisfy your curiosity.

Register to reply