Rest frame through a force field possible (time dilation) ?

by digi99
Tags: dilation, field, force, frame, rest, time
digi99
Feb9-12, 04:15 PM
P: 183
Would it be possible that every rest frame is going through a force field so everything will be smaller on atom level and time goes slower too (Lorentz, Einstein) ?

So that force field is the holder of the encapsulated ration distance / time (C) ...

That would explain the unknown time dilation, and always constant speed of light and frame invariant. You will experience all in your rest frame let's say your own dimension (a dimension for every speed) ...
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Better thermal-imaging lens from waste sulfur
Hackathon team's GoogolPlex gives Siri extra powers
Bright points in Sun's atmosphere mark patterns deep in its interior
DaleSpam
Feb9-12, 07:37 PM
Mentor
P: 16,476
I think that is essentially the basis of LET. The only problem is that the "force field" is undetectable.
digi99
Feb10-12, 02:12 PM
Quote Quote by DaleSpam View Post
I think that is essentially the basis of LET. The only problem is that the "force field" is undetectable.
Hi Dalespam,

So I am now totally convinced of time dilation after a long time. In my removed topic (where I at last made an error not to consider the fact the light speed is always constant, also for every passing light wave from another frame) it looked I got no time dilation by only considering the smaller going size. But that kind of mistakes (very easily) gives you a deeper understanding.

I can fully understand that this forum want not to see own theories (I found already other forums where this is allowed, only to give ideas to others who has not already that kind of ideas, but I think many have already) because it confuses students. Without it is already difficult enough.

I tried to find on the internet LET, but I don't know this project or do you mean the Higgs project in CERN ?

That force field could be the Higgs field maybe, we shall see.

But empty space will be a problem to explain it only with a force field (that force in the force field can maybe give the reason for time dilation).

Is Lorentz also valid for transformations of empty space, so no materials ? If things wil be smaller on atom level (and must because of Lorentz, it is not an illusion show) what could be the reason they think today (but not proved) empty space will be smaller too ?

DaleSpam
Feb10-12, 06:03 PM
Mentor

Rest frame through a force field possible (time dilation) ?

Quote Quote by digi99 View Post
I tried to find on the internet LET, but I don't know this project or do you mean the Higgs project in CERN ?
This has nothing to do with CERN or the Higgs. It is an old, essentially abandoned, interpretation of the Lorentz transforms used by special relativity:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorentz_ether_theory
digi99
Feb10-12, 07:36 PM
This has nothing to do with CERN or the Higgs. It is an old, essentially abandoned, interpretation of the Lorentz transforms used by special relativity:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorentz_ether_theory
Pfff ... I had a discussion about this topic 6 months ago already and students told me always that light waves were going shorter in the moving direction (when the frame speed was higher) so the waves were always the same in counting. Maybe this is true because it is in the moving direction, so things will only be smaller in the moving direction. But I understand now, that materials can go shorter but you have to see this in another way and not on atom level (logic because it's only the length). But I had always thought all things will be smaller, but that is only in the moving direction. But my own mistake I had first to read the books all and I did never (only articles about this on the internet).

I should find it more logically that everything will be smaller in all dimensions, but ok in the moving direction (one dimension). I go to change this in my blog etc. and let it all rest for a while .. and first to read my books for a while ....

Thanks DaveSpam for the correction, I corrected already all, damage was not so badly ...
digi99
Feb15-12, 10:37 PM
Do I understand well that LET is based on different positions, so relativity in position but duration is everywhere the same, and Einstein's relativity is based on different durations and positions as well ?
DaleSpam
Feb16-12, 07:08 AM
Mentor
LET is based on the idea that light is a disturbance in some medium, called the aether, which has a unique rest frame, but that this medium and its rest frame are undetectable. IMO, it turns science into a ghost story.

Register to reply