Register to reply

Capacitors connected in parallel to store a charge of 1.49 C?

Share this thread:
McAfee
Feb24-12, 01:01 AM
P: 96
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

How many 1.48 F capacitors must be connected in parallel to store a charge of 1.49 C with a potential of 105 V across the capacitors?

2. Relevant equations
Refer to the attempt at a solution.

3. The attempt at a solution

Also, for the answer exact number, no tolerance. I tried just rounding the number but that didn't work. I not sure. Does it mean I should round the answer up to 9589?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Flapping baby birds give clues to origin of flight
Prions can trigger 'stuck' wine fermentations, researchers find
Socially-assistive robots help kids with autism learn by providing personalized prompts
tiny-tim
Feb24-12, 05:02 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 26,148
Hi McAfee!

(i haven't checked your figures)
Quote Quote by McAfee View Post
How many 1.48 F capacitors must be connected in parallel to store a charge of 1.49 C with a potential of 105 V across the capacitors?

Also, for the answer exact number, no tolerance. I tried just rounding the number but that didn't work. I not sure. Does it mean I should round the answer up to 9589?
yes, of course
you can't buy 0.16 of a capacitor, can you?
McAfee
Feb24-12, 09:49 AM
P: 96
Quote Quote by tiny-tim View Post
Hi McAfee!

(i haven't checked your figures)

yes, of course
you can't buy 0.16 of a capacitor, can you?
You are right. Thanks for the help.

Register to reply