2 classic helicoid in rotation with different pressure

In summary, it seems that the movement of classic helicoids and the sum of energy can be different depending on the pressure applied. For me, when two identical helicoids turn in the same direction around their axis, they don't move up/down. In fact, when I see helicoids turning I see all static except the helicoid which turn around their axis. Like all is static, for me, it's possible to put pressure 3*P everywhere outside black helicoid except between helicoids where pressure is 2*P. And for red helicoid it's possible to P pressure everywhere outside except between helicoids. The difference of pressure want to turn each helicoid in the same direction. Green separation is there for prevent 3*
Gh778
I try to find the movement of classic helicoids and the sum of energy with 3 different pressures. For me when two identical helicoids turn in the same direction around their axis, they don't move up/down. In fact, when I see helicoids turning I see all static except the helicoid which turn around their axis. Like all is static, for me, it's possible to put pressure 3*P everywhere outside black helicoid except between helicoids where pressure is 2*P. And for red helicoid it's possible to P pressure everywhere outside except between helicoids. The difference of pressure want to turn each helicoid in the same direction. Green separation is there for prevent 3*P pressure to go to P pressure area, this area is static. If helicoids turn they give energy, but like I loss nothing in energy, I think the system can't turn like that or the pressure can't be put like that but I don't know where is the problem here. Sure there are a lot of gaskets, not show on the drawing.

Edit: the green area can be smaller and can be attach to the black helicoid with gaskets.

Edit: helicoids turn at the same speed

Edit: In fact, I see the film with pressure 2P move up (or down), this film can be very small because helicoïds have same pitch, think with internal thread (female) and external thread (male) there is no space between helicoids. Here helicoids are joined at external in a small part but enough for create a torque.

Edit: The intersection of helicoids is a line so maybe the surface is 0. But think with only one interface with 2P pressure, we can oriented helicoids for have a greater surface, one helicoid on Z axis and other make an angle like 2*pitch.

Attachments

• 2 Helicoids.png
    2 Helicoids.png
    18 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Edit:

I add three 3D views of helicoids for see how is the interface.

I add the volume of the interface when helicoids are vertical. Up and down surface are helicoids surfaces (not gaskets). External and internal surfaces are the gaskets. Like these 2 surfaces of the gasket are verticals they don't loss energy when move up.

The volume of the interface where pressure = 2P is always constant, we don't lost energy

Each helicoid can be envelop with the 3P or P pressure. The green volume is near 0, it's only a film with the adequate pressure for each helicoid. The part of each helicoid where there is P or 3P pressure must be replace by the interface. If the film is very thin the pressure don't lost energy too.

I don't find the solution.

Attachments

• 2 helicoids 3d.jpg
    2 helicoids 3d.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 409
  • interface between helicoids 2.png
    interface between helicoids 2.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 470
  • top view of interface.png
    top view of interface.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:
I add a new drawing for show how can be the thin film of pressure around helicoid.

For resume, that I think:

1/ Helicoids turn at the same speed in the same direction, so they don't move up/down.
2/ The interface with 2P pressure put a difference of pressure which want to turn helicoids in the same direction. This give energy
3/ The interface has always the volume = constant.
4/ The interface move vertically only.
5/ The interface is composed with 2 surfaces of helicoids and 2 surfaces of gaskets. Gaskets's surfaces are vertical so zero energy is needed for move up/down the interface.
6/ All system can be put under P pressure like that red helicoid don't need something for retain pressure.
7/ Black helicoid is under pressure 3P, this pressure can be retain by a very thin film of pressure (with a hard material and gaskets for retain pressure). The hard material is moving when the interface is coming. Like the film can be very small, this need to take off very small pressure. The volume of the black helicoid with 3P pressure is constant because the interface is moving (need to take off and need to put 3P pressure). This need zero energy in theory.

One or more points above must be wrong, have you an idea ?

Attachments

• Thin film of pressure around helicoid.png
    Thin film of pressure around helicoid.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 455
I add a very small video for see two threads when they turn (I can't put more due to the limit). Maybe like this it's easier for explain where is the solution. Maybe if you have 2 wood screws you can test, screws turn at the same speed at the same direction. The interface move only up but like the surfaces of gaskets are vertical this don't require energy. Maybe the screw don't turn with a difference of pressure ?

Attachments

• Video 8 00_00_02-00_00_03.50.zip
    216.8 KB · Views: 167
Nobody can help me ?

1. What is a classic helicoid?

A classic helicoid is a surface that is formed by rotating a straight line in space around an axis, while simultaneously translating it along the axis.

2. How is a classic helicoid different from other helicoids?

A classic helicoid is unique in that it has constant curvature and torsion along its entire surface, unlike other helicoids which may vary in these properties.

3. How does rotation affect a classic helicoid?

Rotation causes the classic helicoid to twist and bend, creating a spiral shape rather than a straight line.

4. What is the significance of different pressure in a classic helicoid in rotation?

Different pressure refers to the varying amount of force applied along the surface of the helicoid. This can affect the overall shape and behavior of the helicoid, making it an important factor in studying its properties.

5. How is the concept of classic helicoid in rotation used in science?

The classic helicoid in rotation has been studied in various fields of science, including physics, mathematics, and engineering. It is often used to model and understand phenomena such as fluid flow and crystal structures.