Learn to solve physics exercises

by Deimantas
Tags: exercises, learn, physics, solve
Deimantas
Mar22-12, 03:59 PM
P: 32
Hello all.
I don't have much time.. I'm studying applied maths and I've got a mandatory course of physics. I find it the hardest of all courses. Despite the fact that physics exercises are based heavily on math, I hardly succeed in solving it.

What I seek to develop is, specifically, an ability to solve physics exercises, focused chiefly on equations, in the field of mechanics. After I build the skill in solving mechanics exercises, I'll probably be able to adapt to other fields. If you could recommend me any web-sites or books for a physics beginner, I'd appreciate it.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Simplicity is key to co-operative robots
Chemical vapor deposition used to grow atomic layer materials on top of each other
Earliest ancestor of land herbivores discovered
Doc Al
Mar22-12, 04:19 PM
Mentor
P: 40,875
What level are you talking about? First year undergrad?
Deimantas
Mar23-12, 03:06 PM
Quote Quote by Doc Al View Post
What level are you talking about? First year undergrad?
Well, I am a first year undergrad, but I don't possess the required knowledge that one should. I thought maybe I should begin at late high school level, but I'm not sure. Just throw at me whatever you have.

Doc Al
Mar23-12, 03:15 PM
Mentor
P: 40,875

Learn to solve physics exercises

To start off with, I recommend you grab yourself a Schaum's outline. Plenty of solved problems there. Here's one: Schaum's 3,000 Solved Problems in Physics (Schaum's Outline Series)
Deimantas
Mar23-12, 05:31 PM
Quote Quote by Doc Al View Post
To start off with, I recommend you grab yourself a Schaum's outline. Plenty of solved problems there. Here's one: Schaum's 3,000 Solved Problems in Physics (Schaum's Outline Series)
Thanks, looks like it's going to be a wonder of a book. I could still use some web sites though, if there are any noteworthy.

Register to reply