Manufacturing Process To Made Air Conditioner Evaporator

In summary, the main materials used in manufacturing an air conditioner evaporator are copper, aluminum, and steel. The shape and size of the evaporator coil is determined by the specific design and size of the air conditioning unit. The assembly process involves bending and shaping tubing, attaching fins and coils, welding or brazing, and sealing with a protective coating. The performance is tested through quality control checks, including pressure and leak tests, airflow and temperature measurements, and overall cooling efficiency. The time it takes to manufacture an evaporator can vary from a few hours to a few days depending on various factors.
zetshield21
Hi! I really want to know how evaporator is made. i mean it is impossible to made by casting process, but i also not sure. anyboby who involve in this industry can please help me

Engineering news on Phys.org
Enjoy!

Casting probably not

Last edited by a moderator:
but is not same as air conditioner, i mean the air conditioner have a tube where a water flow though it. i want to how it is made

1. What materials are used to make an air conditioner evaporator?

The main materials used in manufacturing an air conditioner evaporator are copper, aluminum, and steel. Copper is used for the tubing and fins, aluminum for the fins and coils, and steel for the casing and supports.

2. How is the shape of the evaporator coil determined?

The shape and size of the evaporator coil is determined by the specific design and size of the air conditioning unit. Factors such as cooling capacity, refrigerant type, and space limitations all play a role in determining the shape of the coil.

3. What is the process for assembling an air conditioner evaporator?

The assembly process of an air conditioner evaporator involves several steps, including bending and shaping the tubing, attaching the fins and coils, welding or brazing the parts together, and sealing the assembly with a protective coating.

4. How is the performance of an air conditioner evaporator tested?

The performance of an air conditioner evaporator is tested through a series of quality control checks, including pressure and leak tests, airflow and temperature measurements, and overall cooling efficiency. These tests ensure that the evaporator is functioning properly before being installed in an air conditioning unit.

5. How long does it take to manufacture an air conditioner evaporator?

The time it takes to manufacture an air conditioner evaporator can vary depending on factors such as the complexity of the design, the quantity being produced, and the availability of materials. On average, it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days to manufacture an evaporator.