Register to reply

MCAT Prep inquiry

by biochem850
Tags: inquiry, mcat, prep
Share this thread:
biochem850
May16-12, 07:34 PM
P: 46
I'm starting my MCAT despite having completed only a few prerequisites. I understand many of the tested concepts but I'd like to know if this is a good course of action:

I plan to study for the MCAT all this summer (everyday) and taking the exam prior to the Fall 2012 semester. I have no other responsibilities at the moment and can truly devote all my time to studying. Would it be possible to earn a decent score(keeping in mind I intend to apply only to Florida schools)?

Thanks
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Hoverbike drone project for air transport takes off
Earlier Stone Age artifacts found in Northern Cape of South Africa
Study reveals new characteristics of complex oxide surfaces
Jorriss
May16-12, 09:05 PM
P: 1,042
Yes, this is more than enough time, though a more productive forum may be one like studentdoctors.net or something. There's a really popular 90 day prep plan there.

If you learned your physical sciences well, the exam is actually pretty simple.
bpatrick
May16-12, 10:46 PM
P: 125
An all-summer prep should be fine, especially for the bio and physical sciences sections.

I ended up studying I think for about 4 months (while I was still gigging professionally and after having a 3 year break since I took any science courses during undergrad). That amount of time of part-time studying was more than enough to get above a 40, so I'm sure you'll be fine with 3 months of completely devoted study for the exam.

Register to reply