LaTeX Equation Editor: Find Best Clones for Mac

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter FrogPad
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, the speaker shares their love for forums' inline LaTeX feature but expresses difficulty finding a similar tool. They mention options such as Mathematica and Publicon, but also come across a suitable tool called LaTeX Equation Editor for Mac, which they do not own. They ask for recommendations for similar tools and express gratitude in advance.
FrogPad
I'm sorry if this post is in the improper forum category. I absolutely love the simplicity of the forums inline latex for the generation of mathematical expression. I've been searching for something that would accomplish the same thing. However, unless I do something custom my options come down to: mathematica (I already own maple, so I don't want to spend the money on it), publicon (it looks amazing... but I just want to TYPE in latex), or use the some available libraries and write my own implementation. I would do the latter if time was on my side, but unfortunately I am to busy for this. Then, as luck has it... I cam across this:

LaTeX Equation Editor:
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/math_science/latexequationeditor.html

This is exactly what I am looking for. But, I don't own a mac :(
Therefore, I was wondering if anybody knows of any clones to this software.

1000 thanks,

-fp

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is LaTeX Equation Editor?

LaTeX Equation Editor is a software that allows users to create and format mathematical equations and expressions using LaTeX, a typesetting language.

2. How does LaTeX Equation Editor work?

LaTeX Equation Editor works by providing a user-friendly interface for creating and editing LaTeX equations. Users can type in their equations using LaTeX syntax or use the built-in equation editor to insert symbols and equations.

3. Can I use LaTeX Equation Editor on a Mac?

Yes, LaTeX Equation Editor is compatible with Mac operating systems. It can be downloaded and installed from the Mac App Store or from the official website.

4. Are there any alternatives to LaTeX Equation Editor for Mac?

Yes, there are alternative software options for creating and editing LaTeX equations on a Mac, such as LyX, TeXShop, and TeXmaker. However, LaTeX Equation Editor is specifically designed for ease of use and a user-friendly interface.

5. Is LaTeX Equation Editor free?

Yes, LaTeX Equation Editor is available for free on the Mac App Store and the official website. However, there may be paid versions or in-app purchases for additional features.