Register to reply

How Can We Exist If We Only Evolved One Step At A Time?

by JlegoJ
Tags: evolution, mutations, organs
Share this thread:
JlegoJ
Jan8-13, 08:04 PM
P: 1
While studying the human body I ran into something that didn't make sense. So the human body is made up of several unique components necessary for survival such as the nervous, digestive, excretory, circulatory, skeletal, muscular and an immune systems. Each of these has several different characteristics, processes and components that allow for proper function. If all of these processes evolved one mutation at a time then how would the human survive without all of the other functions/mutations not all evolving at the same time so the organism may survive?
Phys.Org News Partner Biology news on Phys.org
Leave that iguana in the jungle, expert tells Costa Rica
Factor in naked mole rat's cells enhances protein integrity
Team defines new biodiversity metric
Evo
Jan8-13, 08:17 PM
Mentor
P: 26,550
Quote Quote by JlegoJ View Post
While studying the human body I ran into something that didn't make sense. So the human body is made up of several unique components necessary for survival such as the nervous, digestive, excretory, circulatory, skeletal, muscular and an immune systems. Each of these has several different characteristics, processes and components that allow for proper function. If all of these processes evolved one mutation at a time then how would the human survive without all of the other functions/mutations not all evolving at the same time so the organism may survive?
I suggest you take some time to learn to learn about evolution.

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=543950

Register to reply