WoW, WoW really is WoW-crack

by franznietzsche
Tags: wowcrack
Share this thread:
franznietzsche
Mar14-05, 02:44 PM
P: 1,783
I finally got World of Warcraft.

I haven't had that much addictive fun in a straight 12 hour period since i played Solar Eclipse ( a favorite MUD of mine). Absolutely awesome. The game is just a joy to play, and at times, the graphics are gorgeous. Dun Morogh is just awesome looking.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
mattmns
Mar14-05, 02:55 PM
P: 1,123
So you have left us for this thing you call WoW huh? Pff, well we didn't want you anyway, yeah.

Good to see that you are having fun
enigma
Mar14-05, 02:55 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 1,817
What server did you sign on to?

... wait till you get to Ferelas if you want to see awesome.

chroot
Mar14-05, 02:57 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 10,427
WoW, WoW really is WoW-crack

If you dorks ever want to create characters on one server and play together, let the forum know. My girlfriend and I are pretty hooked on WoW, too. We play on the Medivh realm.

- Warren
enigma
Mar14-05, 03:01 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Silvermoon server here.

I currently an officer in a guild with about 30 members, so I don't see myself jumping forums.
chroot
Mar14-05, 03:17 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
The fact that you can't change realms at will is, I believe, one of the biggest shortcomings of the entire game. What's funny is that all of the people on Blizzard's forums think Blizzard is retarded because they can't figure out how to copy some bits from one server to another. I'm pretty sure the real problem has nothing to do with bits -- they could easily zap a character from one server to another, since it's just a database record. The problem is likely with the game's economics -- if people zap players with large amounts of money back and forth from one server to another, it's possible that some servers will end up quite wealthy while others become poor in both magic items and in currency. Imagine if people made characters on other realms simply to get magic item drops, and then moved those items onto their preferred server. It would be unfair for everyone. Blizzard has announced plans to allow people to move their characters between realms, but I have no idea how they've decided to solve this problem.

- Warren
franznietzsche
Mar14-05, 06:03 PM
I'm on Scarlet Crusade (RP) right now, but i'd be happy to make a character on another server to get a PF group going at some point.
chroot
Mar14-05, 06:14 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
I think one of us should stake a claim, since it seems no one wants to be the one to suggest a realm. It takes ten people to create a guild, yes?

Let's pick one low-traffic PvE (or RP) server, and we'll all make new characters there. It seems fair that everyone should have to start afresh.

Any thoughts? Scarlet Crusade is one of the few low-pop RP servers, so it actually makes pretty good sense.

- Warren
franznietzsche
Mar14-05, 07:34 PM
Scarlet crusade is fine by me
enigma
Mar14-05, 07:56 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Well, I for one will not be moving servers. I'm firmly entrenched in my guild on Silvermoon and am extremely hesitant to dump a L52 mage for the heck of it.
chroot
Mar14-05, 08:10 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
You don't have to lose your characters -- just start a new one on another realm so we nerds can play together (some of the time).

- Warren
franznietzsche
Mar14-05, 10:12 PM
Quote Quote by enigma
Well, I for one will not be moving servers. I'm firmly entrenched in my guild on Silvermoon and am extremely hesitant to dump a L52 mage for the heck of it.
You can have characters on more than one realm
The_Professional
Mar14-05, 10:15 PM
P: 583
I'm intrigued by this game. I'll have to check this one out..
Moonbear
Mar14-05, 10:21 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
Quote Quote by enigma
Sounds like it's time to cut you off! Do they have a 12-step program for this addiction?

*ducks and runs*
Chrono
Mar14-05, 10:33 PM
P: 439
Quote Quote by chroot
My girlfriend and I are pretty hooked on WoW, too.
Have you ever heard of a geekier couple?
Moonbear
Mar14-05, 10:39 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
Quote Quote by Chrono
Have you ever heard of a geekier couple?
It's good for couples to have common interests.

Although...Chroot, do you and your girlfriend IM each other when sitting in different rooms of the same apt to let each other know when it's time for dinner? How about if you're sitting in the same room? If so, we're going to need a 12-step program for you too.
Greg Bernhardt
Mar14-05, 11:16 PM
Admin
P: 9,574
Get on skullcrusher pvp server. I'm a 49 tauren warrior, lets duel!!
chroot
Mar14-05, 11:24 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
You guys must have a lot of damn free time. Leela and I play a couple nights a week and we're only level 18.

- Warren

Register to reply