Need Math Genius - World of Warcraft Achievement

• Thread starter nilum
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Genius
In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty of obtaining the Battlemaster achievement in the game World of Warcraft, specifically in the Arathi Basin game mode. The achievement requires winning by 10 points, but the score is influenced by controlling certain nodes. The conversation also mentions the possibility of creating an addon to help players track the necessary conditions for obtaining the achievement. However, due to the unpredictable nature of the game and the constant loss and gain of nodes, it is difficult to determine an exact strategy for achieving the desired score. The conversation concludes with the idea that the addon could potentially suggest forfeiting nodes in order to stay on track for the achievement.
nilum
Okay, I play World of Warcraft, and I have been going for the Battlemaster achievement. One of the meta achievements is extremely hard to obtain. You have to basically win by 10 points, but your control over the score is indirect in that it is influenced by the control of certain nodes. The more nodes you have the faster you accumulate points (resources). There is also no time limit. The game ends when one team reaches 1600 resources.

Here is the information on the specific gametype:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Arathi_Basin

Of course there are simple ways to get this achievement if you get a good group. I have had no success with conventional strategies and recent changes make it nearly impossible to make premade groups that will work toward a common goal.

I would like a formula where I could plug in the current score, and have it tell me exactly how many nodes I have to take and at exactly what time. That way I could possibly create an addon that would announce to the group these conditions.

If players have a better idea of how close we are to this goal then they may be more inclined to help get the achievement.

There are a couple other variables not listed at the website above.

Besides rate at which resources are acquired, there is a 'channeling' duration you must complete uninterrupted as well as a period of time that the flag remains in a state of limbo. During this time it does not count towards either teams resource gain and can be recaptured by the enemy team, otherwise if you hold long enough then it will be captured by your team and start to add to the rate in which you acquire resources.

8 sec to channel the assault
1min +-1-3 seconds (not sure why) to actually capture it after assaulting it

Other notes:

Assaulted - node is in a state of limbo which does not benefit either team, but will be controlled by the assaulting team in one minute.

Defended - A node that was previously under your teams control, and then assaulted, can be 'defended' if your team reclaims the node within a minute of the assault. This node will immediately begin benefiting your team again.

Neutral - All flags start out neutral. Neither team benefits from neutral flags.

Assaulting/Defending a node takes 8 seconds to channel uninterrupted.

You can not defend a node that was previously neutral, instead that node will just become assaulted each time it changes hands within the one minute buffer, until a team finally wins control of the node.--I use Deadly Boss Mods (an addon) and it doesn't have a specific features for this achievement, and it also does not always track the score for some reason. When it does track the score it is usually off. Please do not suggest this. I already know what it does.

Example as to what my addon would return:

Final score if everything stays as is (including bases that were only assaulted and not yet entirely captured).
Countdown(s) to when you need to START assaulting <this node> and/or <that node> to get achievement (assuming conditions remain the same until then).
If nodes have to be forfeited in order to attain the achievement (if you are too far ahead).

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
This is a very difficult task and you are asking quite a lot.

Given an initial score of both teams and a number of nodes controlled there are countless ways to arrive at the final score of 1590 - 1600.

How do you choose the best way?
The easiest and fastest way to arrive at the desired score I would guess would be to allow your opponents to control all 5 nodes until they are close to 1590 then capture them all back. But in a game this is not realistic.

In addition it is not just about capturing nodes for yourself, but giving those nodes up to your opponent.

For example, if the score is 1000 - 1000, and you have 3 nodes, and your opponent has 2. Then at some point you would have to allow your opponent to take back a node... How do you guarantee the loss of a node? Even if all your team members leave the lumber mill, how do you know the other team will have a member near buy to take it back?

I don't think there is a solution to this that is realistic.

Diffy said:
This is a very difficult task and you are asking quite a lot.

Given an initial score of both teams and a number of nodes controlled there are countless ways to arrive at the final score of 1590 - 1600.

How do you choose the best way?
The easiest and fastest way to arrive at the desired score I would guess would be to allow your opponents to control all 5 nodes until they are close to 1590 then capture them all back. But in a game this is not realistic.

In addition it is not just about capturing nodes for yourself, but giving those nodes up to your opponent.

For example, if the score is 1000 - 1000, and you have 3 nodes, and your opponent has 2. Then at some point you would have to allow your opponent to take back a node... How do you guarantee the loss of a node? Even if all your team members leave the lumber mill, how do you know the other team will have a member near buy to take it back?

I don't think there is a solution to this that is realistic.

What I am thinking is that it will never give an exact time for when an enemy needs to take a node, but once they are ahead in the score again it can recalculate when/what we need to take. So it will just say something like: You must forfeit x# nodes.

It would try to give a solution based on losing the game. It would show exactly when a node needed to be captured to get on track. It might say: assault a third node in 2 minutes and a fourth node in 4 minutes and give a countdown.

It might also give multiple solutions depending. Such as: Either defend Lumber Mill in 30 s or Assault a node in 1minute.

Something like that.

1. What is the "Need Math Genius" achievement in World of Warcraft?

The "Need Math Genius" achievement in World of Warcraft is a feat of strength that can be earned by correctly answering a series of math questions in the game's dungeons.

2. How many math questions do I need to answer to earn this achievement?

You need to answer a total of 20 math questions correctly in order to earn the "Need Math Genius" achievement.

3. Do I need to be good at math to earn this achievement?

While having a basic understanding of math will certainly help, the questions are designed to be solvable by players of all levels. The questions cover a variety of topics, including basic arithmetic, algebra, and geometry.

4. Can I earn this achievement in a group or do I have to do it alone?

You can earn the "Need Math Genius" achievement in a group, as long as you are the one answering the math questions. However, if someone else in your group answers a question, it will not count towards your progress.

5. Is this achievement available in all versions of World of Warcraft?

Yes, the "Need Math Genius" achievement is available in all versions of World of Warcraft, including the classic version and the latest expansions.