Register to reply

Small non-magnetic motors that work at temperature of 4 Kelvin

Share this thread:
vst98
Feb21-13, 03:53 AM
P: 32
Does somebody knows which companies produce small (approx. matchbox-sized) motors that can work at temperature of 4 Kelvin and are nonmagnetic ?
For example like this one:
http://www.attocube.com/nanoPOSITION...1/ANPx341.html
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
An innovative system anticipates driver fatigue in the vehicle to prevent accidents
Squink personal factory aims to make circuit prototyping easy
Catching grease to cut grill pollution
berkeman
Feb21-13, 12:31 PM
Mentor
P: 40,639
Quote Quote by vst98 View Post
Does somebody knows which companies produce small (approx. matchbox-sized) motors that can work at temperature of 4 Kelvin and are nonmagnetic ?
For example like this one:
http://www.attocube.com/nanoPOSITION...1/ANPx341.html
I did a google search on Linear Piezo Actuator, and got lots of hits. Maybe try that search?
vst98
Feb22-13, 06:02 AM
P: 32
Quote Quote by berkeman View Post
I did a google search on Linear Piezo Actuator, and got lots of hits. Maybe try that search?
There are maybe lots of companies producing just an actuators, but I need a motor that works at 4K.

Using only an actuator will hardly work for my application, I need linear displacements around ~2cm at 4K. So, (piezo actuator) motor would be much better solution.

M Quack
Feb22-13, 07:25 AM
P: 660
Small non-magnetic motors that work at temperature of 4 Kelvin

There are several manufacturers of piezoelectric motors (PI, piezomotor.se etc), but most will not guarantee that they work at low temperature.

The attocubes seem to work, but I've heard reports that the step size at low T is not reliable. So you should add an encoder for feedback.

Register to reply